How to zoom to an address?

Just passin Thru

Oct 10, 2017, 8:52:27 AM10/10/17
to openjump-users
 I have a simple shapefile that has all of the addresses and locations. My field crew needs to be able to zoom to a specific address. Is there a simple Find tool or what would the easiest way to find and zoom to an attribute?

Just passin Thru

Oct 11, 2017, 11:14:56 AM10/11/17
to openjump-users
I found it Under "Queries" Search all Attributes. The scale of the "zoom" is incredibly small?

Michaël Michaud

Oct 12, 2017, 2:42:13 AM10/12/17
to openjump-users
Hi,

Choosing a reasonable zoom factor for a  linestring or a polygon is quite easy (just need envelope of the zoomed feature), but for points, we choose an arbitrary scale factor. It would probably be possible to choose a more appropriate scale factor for points, but it needs some knowledge about the whole dataset (coordinates system, global envelope, feature density...). I'll create a feature request for that.