Oracle Spatial Datastore WAS: [JPP-Devel] Database Query Plugin - Oracle Spatial

edgar....@web.de

Dec 3, 2015, 1:58:44 PM12/3/15
to jump-pil...@lists.sourceforge.net, openjum...@googlegroups.com
Luis and all,

i just committed the following

* added Nicolas Ribot's Oracle Spatial Datastore Extension to CORE
activates in PLUS as it needs DBQuery's *gt2-oracle-spatial-2.x.jar*
also *ojdbc6.jar* must be downloaded and installed manually because
of licensing restrictions

as i don't have an oracle spatial db server at hand, can someone please try how/if that works? a short step-by-step list

1. download latest PLUS snapshot
http://sourceforge.net/projects/jump-pilot/files/OpenJUMP_snapshots/OpenJUMP-Portable-20151203-r4559-PLUS.zip
2. extract
3. download ojdbc6.jar
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/apps-tech/jdbc-112010-090769.html
4. place in OJ_FOLDER/lib/ext
5. start OJ
6. open File->Open, select 'Data Store Layer' on the left, click on the blue db icon on the top right of the Open dialog to open the connection manager
7. from here it should be self explanatory and similar how Postgis is handled

thanks ..ede