How to resize a map in OpenJump (increase scale)?

Amatek Teekay

Oct 31, 2015, 11:54:21 PM10/31/15
to openjump-users

Hi everyone,

I finished tracing a large map on OpenJump before I noticed that the size was smaller than it is in reality. How can I increase the scale of the map without changing the proportion?

For example, in Microsoft Word or other tools, an image can be resized by dragging the edges. How is this done in OpenJump?

Sincerely,
Tekena

Agustin

Nov 1, 2015, 10:26:58 AM11/1/15
to openjum...@googlegroups.com
look in sextante for the transform algorithm and scale as you wish.
On 1Nov, 2015, at 4:54 AM, 'Amatek Teekay' via openjump-users <openjum...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I finished tracing a large map on OpenJump before I noticed that the size was smaller than it is in reality. How can I increase the scale of the map without changing the proportion?

> For example, in Microsoft Word or other tools, an image can be resized by dragging the edges. How is this done in OpenJump?
>

> Sincerely,
> Tekena
>
> --
> -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups openjump-users group. To post to this group, send email to openjum...@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to openjump-user...@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit this group at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/openjump-users?hl=en
> ---
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "openjump-users" group.

Jukka Rahkonen

Nov 1, 2015, 10:39:59 AM11/1/15
to openjum...@googlegroups.com, Agustin
Hi,

Or look at the native OpenJUMP tool in Tools - Warp - Affine transform
from parameters. Propably you want to use same factor for X and Y. If
your anchor point is not perfect make round by shifting the map with DX
and DY.

-Jukka Rahkonen-

Stefan Steiniger

Nov 1, 2015, 6:46:06 PM11/1/15
to openjum...@googlegroups.com, Agustin

Hi, the edit tools toolbox has a resize tool (a handle as in Word that can be dragged) that works on the selection. However I'm not sure if it works on (i) many selected items or (ii) if you actually will have too many items on your dataset to transform/resize live.

please let us know, how you solved it.

stefan

Agustin wrote 2015-11-01 17:27:
> look in sextante for the transform algorithm and scale as you wish.
> On 1Nov, 2015, at 4:54 AM, 'Amatek Teekay' via openjump-users
>  wrote:
>

>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> I finished tracing a large map on OpenJump before I noticed that the
>> size was smaller than it is in reality. How can I increase the scale
>> of the map without changing the proportion?

>> For example, in Microsoft Word or other tools, an image can be resized
>> by dragging the edges. How is this done in OpenJump?
>>

>> Sincerely,
>> Tekena
>>
>> --
>> options, visit this group at
>> https://groups.google.com/d/forum/openjump-users?hl=en

Amatek Teekay

Nov 2, 2015, 7:06:07 AM11/2/15
to openjump-users
Thanks a lot for your suggestions. You've all helped me. I have attached a jpg description of my approach (pdf).
OpenJump Tut 1.jpg

Stefan Steiniger

Nov 2, 2015, 9:38:16 AM11/2/15
to openjum...@googlegroups.com
nice! And thank your for making the images!

Perhaps we should put them on the wiki (or write a blog)?

cheers,
stefan

Am 02.11.15 um 09:06 schrieb 'Amatek Teekay' via openjump-users:
> Thanks a lot for your suggestions. You've all helped me. I have attached
> a jpg description of my approach (pdf
> <https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByDOYJ-XjQ2SQ2ZuU3ZURUNvcE0/view?usp=sharing>).
>
> On Sunday, November 1, 2015 at 11:54:21 AM UTC+8, Amatek Teekay wrote:
>

> Hi everyone,
>
> I finished tracing a large map on OpenJump before I noticed that the
> size was smaller than it is in reality. How can I increase the scale
> of the map without changing the proportion?
>

> <https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-un2alVTxYfM/VjWMdJbsxPI/AAAAAAAAYvE/-Tijkry3NHE/s1600/OpenJump_Map_Resize.jpg>
>

> For example, in Microsoft Word or other tools, an image can be
> resized by dragging the edges. How is this done in OpenJump?
>

> Sincerely,
> Tekena
>
> --
> Groups "openjump-users" group.
> an email to openjump-user...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:openjump-user...@googlegroups.com>.

edgar....@web.de

Nov 2, 2015, 9:40:41 AM11/2/15
to openjum...@googlegroups.com
looks like Tekena is doing more then one. right?

if so where do you (if at all) plan to publish them? ..ede