Problem starting on Windows

Peter

Mar 15, 2011, 4:48:58 PM3/15/11
to openjump-users
Hi,

I downloaded "OpenJump openjump-windows-setup-1.4.0.3.exe" and when I
try to start it I get a java exception:

java.lang.NullPointerException
at javax.swing.ImageIcon.<init>(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.ImageIcon.<init>(Unknown Source)
at sun.swing.WindowsPlacesBar.<init>(Unknown Source)
at
com.sun.java.swing.plaf.windows.WindowsFileChooserUI.updateUseShellFolder(Unknown
Source)
at
com.sun.java.swing.plaf.windows.WindowsFileChooserUI.installComponents(Unknown
Source)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicFileChooserUI.installUI(Unknown
Source)
at
com.sun.java.swing.plaf.windows.WindowsFileChooserUI.installUI(Unknown
Source)
at javax.swing.JComponent.setUI(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JFileChooser.updateUI(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JFileChooser.setup(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JFileChooser.<init>(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JFileChooser.<init>(Unknown Source)
at
org.openjump.core.ui.plugin.file.open.SelectFilesPanel.<init>(SelectFilesPanel.java:
81)
at
org.openjump.core.ui.plugin.file.open.OpenFileWizard.initPanels(OpenFileWizard.java:
85)
at
org.openjump.core.ui.plugin.file.open.OpenFileWizard.<init>(OpenFileWizard.java:
50)
at
org.openjump.core.ui.plugin.file.OpenFilePlugIn.initialize(OpenFilePlugIn.java:
101)
at
org.openjump.OpenJumpConfiguration.loadOpenJumpPlugIns(OpenJumpConfiguration.java:
133)
at
com.vividsolutions.jump.workbench.JUMPConfiguration.setup(JUMPConfiguration.java:
358)
at
com.vividsolutions.jump.workbench.JUMPWorkbench.main(JUMPWorkbench.java:
288)
at
com.vividsolutions.jump.workbench.JUMPWorkbench.main(JUMPWorkbench.java:
253)

Any fix for this?

Thanks,

Jukka Rahkonen

Mar 15, 2011, 5:14:21 PM3/15/11
to openjum...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

What Java and Windows versions do you have?

-Jukka Rahkonen-

Michaël Michaud

Mar 15, 2011, 5:03:18 PM3/15/11
to openjum...@googlegroups.com
Hi Peter,

Can you give more precision about your host system (windows version,
java version)

As far as I can see, there is a problem with the JFileChooser
initialization (a missing icon ?), but JFileChooser is a standard Java
component.

Also can you tell me how you get the error stacktrace.

Micha�l

Le 15/03/2011 21:48, Peter a �crit :

Peter

Mar 16, 2011, 10:14:08 PM3/16/11
to openjump-users
I'm on Windows XP SP2 and have C:\Program Files\Java\jre6

I get the stacktrace when launching OpenJump. I get a window saying
"Null Pointer Exception" "No description was provided". Then I can
clic on "Show Details".

Pierre

Michaël Michaud

Mar 17, 2011, 3:41:49 AM3/17/11
to openjum...@googlegroups.com
Hi Peter,

Quite strange, I cannot reproduce the problem, neither on my Windows
Vista machine nor on a Windows XP SP3.
Can you confirm :
- you downloaded openjump-windows-setup-1.4.0.3.exe
- you made a proper installation (no OpenJUMP in your C:\Program
Files\OpenJUMP folder before)
- you get no particular warning during installation
- OpenJUMP is launched automatically at the end of the installation
- you have now an OpenJUMP installation in C:\Program Files\OpenJUMP
- you have tried to launch OpenJUMP from
the windows program launcher
C:\Program Files\OpenJUMP\bin\OpenJUMP.exe
C:\Program Files\OpenJUMP\bin\OpenJUMP.bat
- In the error message, it seems that the error is raised by the
OpenFile menu dialog, not by OpenJUMP start. Can you say when exactly
you get the error

Micha�l

Le 17/03/2011 03:14, Peter a �crit :