Trouble running Openjump on Windows 7

Mat

Jun 26, 2015, 12:46:30 PM6/26/15
to openjum...@googlegroups.com
Greetings,

I am trying to install openjump (OpenJUMP 1.8.0 rev.4164 PLUS) on a windows 7 (64 bit) machine.

The installation completes, but clicking on the icon to start Openjump does nothing (a command line box appears for a second and that's it) I have updated my JAVA runtime environment (8 and 7).

I can't seem to find any posts where anyone else has had this problem, I have tried an older version (OpenJUMP 1.7.1 rev.4004 PLUS), and the portable version, these don't work either.

Thanks for your time,

Mat

Mat

Jun 29, 2015, 10:32:31 AM6/29/15
to openjum...@googlegroups.com
In case its of use to others, the problem was the Java path, Openjump needs the 32 bit version of java whilst my path led to the 64 bit version

Jukka Rahkonen

Jun 29, 2015, 10:54:55 AM6/29/15
to openjum...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I was about to suggest that the trouble is in the java path. But OpenJUMP does work also with 64 bit java. I run it all the time with both Oracle and OpenJDK 64 bit versions.

Jukka Rahkonen

Jun 30, 2015, 6:07:14 AM6/30/15
to openjum...@googlegroups.com
Ok thanks, well I don't need it with 64 bit Java at the moment at least, though its interesting to know that it's possible.

Juan Enrique Rojas Sanchez

Aug 14, 2015, 12:32:04 PM8/14/15
to openjump-users
Hi I'm from Peru. Check the environment variable JAVA_HOME, put the path where you installed java

JAVA_HOME = C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_51

ims.b...@gmail.com

Oct 30, 2017, 3:33:13 PM10/30/17
to openjump-users
For some reason that I didn't bother to figure out, the parsing was having trouble with the space in "Program Files(x86)", I so replaced it with the 8.3 (mostly) path. Windows 7 (64bit)

I pasted the below line at the top of the batch file, so that it was local to this invocation of the batch file and didn't possibly step on some other software's parsing of the environment variable

set JAVA_HOME=c:\PROGRA~2\java\jre1.8.0_144

edgar....@web.de

Oct 31, 2017, 7:21:50 AM10/31/17
to openjum...@googlegroups.com
hey,

apart from the fact that you are answering a 2 year old post i cannot replicate the issue.

just tested OJ snapshot r5541 w/ a java in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.8.0_152" and OJ starts up fine as expected.

..ede/OJ