SLD does not work (exception)

Arnd Kielhorn

May 10, 2011, 4:12:17 AM5/10/11
to openjum...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

for me the SLD export or import does not work.
I prepare a layer and make a colour theming and than export the legend as SLD. After a restart of OpenJUMP I load this prepared layer and use the function to import the SLD file. But than it throws this exception:

org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Element or attribute do not match QName production: QName::=(NCName':')?NCName.
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.DOMParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.parse(Unknown Source)
at javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilder.parse(DocumentBuilder.java:208)
at org.openjump.core.ui.plugin.style.ImportSLDPlugIn.execute(ImportSLDPlugIn.java:371)
at com.vividsolutions.jump.workbench.plugin.AbstractPlugIn$1.actionPerformed(AbstractPlugIn.java:130)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:1995)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:2318)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(DefaultButtonModel.java:387)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(DefaultButtonModel.java:242)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton.doClick(AbstractButton.java:357)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI.doClick(BasicMenuItemUI.java:809)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI$Handler.mouseReleased(BasicMenuItemUI.java:850)
at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:6289)
at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(JComponent.java:3267)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:4652)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2099)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:4577)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:4238)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:4168)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2085)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:644)
at java.awt.EventQueue.access$000(EventQueue.java:85)
at java.awt.EventQueue$1.run(EventQueue.java:603)
at java.awt.EventQueue$1.run(EventQueue.java:601)
at java.security.AccessControlContext$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(AccessControlContext.java:87)
at java.security.AccessControlContext$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(AccessControlContext.java:98)
at java.awt.EventQueue$2.run(EventQueue.java:617)
at java.awt.EventQueue$2.run(EventQueue.java:615)
at java.security.AccessControlContext$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(AccessControlContext.java:87)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:269)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:184)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:174)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:169)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:161)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:122)

I found no description how to use but I think I tried every option...everytime with the same effect (exception).
Can anyone reproduce this? Otherwise I could send an example.

Ubuntu 10.04
Java JDK 6
OpenJUMP nightly build from 2011-01-18

Kindly regards
Arnd

Michaël Michaud

May 10, 2011, 7:41:36 AM5/10/11
to openjum...@googlegroups.com, OpenJump develop and use
Hi,

There has already been problems reported on developper list about SLD
plugins
(ex.
http://www.mail-archive.com/jump-pil...@lists.sourceforge.net/msg08768.html)

There may be several solutions to this problem
- I can identify a small and easy-to-fix bug this week : I fix it
- Andreas or someone with more knowledge than mine in this area can do
the fix
- Nobody has time/knowledge to fix it : I deactivate the PlugIn from
OpenJUMP future distribution

What do you think ?

Michaël

edgar....@web.de

May 10, 2011, 8:16:06 AM5/10/11
On 10.05.2011 10:12, Arnd Kielhorn wrote:
> I prepare a layer and make a colour theming and than export the legend as SLD. After a restart of OpenJUMP I load this prepared layer and use the function to import the SLD file.

seems like export/import do not agree exactly on their syntax. depending on the complexity of the plugin this should be fixable.
see the dev list for more comments on this.

..ede

Arnd Kielhorn

May 10, 2011, 10:57:59 AM5/10/11
to openjum...@googlegroups.com
Hello Michaël,

from a users side of view I would like to have such SLD function because remembering colour styles allow time efficient working.
So, if there is actual no one with knowledge or time to fix it I would prefer to deactivate it only for the next stable release and hopefully bring it back repaired in the next stable release.

Arnd

edgar....@web.de

May 10, 2011, 11:02:32 AM5/10/11