Beanshell script to create buffered shape

Scott Myers

Jun 16, 2015, 8:22:00 AM6/16/15
to openjum...@googlegroups.com
Hello!  I've been dabbling at OpenJump a couple years.  i see it has the ability to use BeanShell scripts to do a series of collected actions.  I'm wondering if it is possible to automate some of my commonly used actions.

I presently use the tool Tools > Analysis > Buffer... with a few standard settings and options, fairly often.  Then I run Tools > Queries > Spatial Query... on the new layer.

Is it possible to make a BeanTools / BeanShell thing which does this for me with preset parameters?  I'm okay with a couple of separate buttons, one to do each tool.  Whatever makes things just that much easier.  I mean, I realize OpenJump already makes it pretty easy, but if it's possible to write a tool which does it all at once, that would be lovely!

Maybe I should just go use a different tool entirely, like QGIS or something, I dunno.  But OpenJump does a lot of good things, so why not this?

Thoughts, pointers, or suggestions?

Jukka Rahkonen

Jun 16, 2015, 8:33:26 AM6/16/15
to openjum...@googlegroups.com, Scott Myers
Hi Scott,

Have you already assigned TOOLS > ANALYSIS > BUFFER and TOOLS >
> QUERIES > SPATIAL QUERY to some function keys with CUSTOMIZE >
> EZ-Buttons?
If you haven't I believe EZ-Buttons will be a good first aid for you
while waiting for a proper script or macro. All tools from the BeanTools
menu can also be assigned with EZ-Buttons.

-Jukka Rahkonen-