Unattended (silent) installation ???

Lenz Lois

Jan 31, 2017, 1:21:31 PM1/31/17
to openjump-users
Hi,

Is there a possibility to install OJ automatically?

I've created a
properties file template that should inserts all possible properties to be filled with particular values for an unattended installation.
But when I use

java -jar OpenJUMP-Installer-1.10-r5336-PLUS.jar -options-template myinstaller.properties

I'll get an empty properties file (except the always exported property INSTALL_PATH). The user-changeable variables provided by the GUI installer are not present.

I'm able to use this file adding INSTALL_PATH=C:/Program Files/OpenJUMP-1.10-r5336-PLUS but then

java -jar OpenJUMP-Installer-1.10-r5336-PLUS.jar -options myinstaller.properties

installs without creating shortcuts (start menu and/or desktop).

---

I also have tried to use records of previous sessions with

java -jar OpenJUMP-Installer-1.10-r5336-PLUS.jar auto-install.xml

but did not work. Probably because the installer has only a SimpleFinishPanel and not a
FinishPanel offering the possibility to write a record of the current installation progress including the effective target installation path and user inputs as XML file.

Regards, L.L.

edgar....@web.de

Jan 31, 2017, 4:08:33 PM1/31/17
to openjum...@googlegroups.com

On January 31, 2017 7:04:44 PM GMT+01:00, Lenz Lois <lorenz....@gmail.com> wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Is there a possibility to install OJ automatically?

not intentionally

>I've created a properties file template that should inserts all
>possible
>properties to be filled with particular values for an unattended
>installation.
>But when I use
>
>java -jar OpenJUMP-Installer-1.10-r5336-PLUS.jar -options-template
>myinstaller.properties
>
>I'll get an empty properties file (except the always exported property
>INSTALL_PATH). The user-changeable variables provided by the GUI
>installer
>are not present.

we are using an outdated version of izpack. are you sure it supports properties already? our izpack config can be found here
https://sourceforge.net/p/jump-pilot/code/

unfortunately sf.net is down just now or i would provide the full link.

>I'm able to use this file adding INSTALL_PATH=C:/Program
>Files/OpenJUMP-1.10-r5336-PLUS but then
>
>java -jar OpenJUMP-Installer-1.10-r5336-PLUS.jar -options
>myinstaller.properties
>
>installs without creating shortcuts (start menu and/or desktop).
>
>---
>
>I also have tried to use records of previous sessions with
>
>java -jar OpenJUMP-Installer-1.10-r5336-PLUS.jar auto-install.xml
>
>but did not work. Probably because the installer has only a
>SimpleFinishPanel and not a FinishPanel offering the possibility to
>write a
>record of the current installation progress including the effective
>target
>installation path and user inputs as XML file.

as said. the installer wasn't created having automated installs in mind. if you'd like to contribute that functionality you're more than welcome..

ede

edgar....@web.de

Jan 31, 2017, 4:27:01 PM1/31/17
to openjum...@googlegroups.com