errors open kml files in kml-driver-0.1.jar - Openjump 1.7.1

Andrew Goh

Oct 5, 2014, 4:18:27 PM10/5/14
to openjum...@googlegroups.com
When i tried to open a kml file, this error is encountered:

java.lang.AbstractMethodError: com.isa.jump.plugin.KMLReader.getExceptions()Ljava/util/Collection;
    at com.vividsolutions.jump.io.datasource.DelegatingCompressedFileHandler.read(DelegatingCompressedFileHandler.java:77)
    at com.vividsolutions.jump.io.datasource.ReaderWriterFileDataSource$1.executeQuery(ReaderWriterFileDataSource.java:60)
    at org.openjump.core.ui.io.file.DataSourceFileLayerLoader.open(DataSourceFileLayerLoader.java:112)
    at org.openjump.core.ui.plugin.file.open.OpenFileWizard.run(OpenFileWizard.java:158)
    at org.openjump.core.ui.plugin.file.OpenWizardPlugIn.run(OpenWizardPlugIn.java:108)
    at com.vividsolutions.jump.workbench.ui.task.TaskMonitorManager$TaskWrapper.run(TaskMonitorManager.java:152)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:744)

the plugin used is kml-driver-0.1.jar and Openjump version is 1.7.1
-------------
going into the codes:
package com.isa.jump.plugin;

class KMLReader

it turns out that the getExceptions() method needs to be implemented, it is missing in the kml-driver-0.1

I substituted it by returning an empty list of empty parse exceptions which provides a quick fix, but i'd guess it'd be more appropriate to collect the parse exceptions in the list and returning it.

    public Collection<Exception> getExceptions() {

        return     new ArrayList<Exception>();
    }

Michael Michaud

Oct 5, 2014, 5:21:21 PM10/5/14
to openjum...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Andrew,

I will fill a bug report and try to fix it next week.

Michaël
--
-- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups openjump-users group. To post to this group, send email to openjum...@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to openjump-user...@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit this group at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/openjump-users?hl=en
---