Deactiving Modeler and History from OJ Sextante plugins

Giuseppe Aruta

Apr 27, 2015, 2:53:44 PM4/27/15
to openjum...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Today I tried to use Modeler and History plugins of Sextante - after a long time.
Those tools were deactivated on OJ 1.6 as they were not working.
As a member of OJ development list, I activated them few years (2013) ago in order to have more user-comments. The original project was to find time and resources to solve the problems.
During those 2 years things have changed: Sextante (for Java) as independent software was dismissed.The  actual Sextante software is maintained by GvSIG CE.  On the same time Raster framework into OpenJUMP had some important reworks.

This is a short list of the bugs I found:
a) Modeler: it doesn't record new models. Which are not shown into the Sextante Toolbar. Apart from them, sometimes the "open models" function doesn't work.
b) History: whenever I tried to run an algorithm recorded into the history list I have a warnig message. The "run" doesn't work. T

The good news is that the other plugins of Sextante (Toolbox and Outputs) seems to work fine. At least on the tests I was able to do.

Regarding not working plugins, I am considering to deactivate again these 2 plugins: there is no possibility in this moment to have resources (time and people) to rewrite the code.
This is not a radical modification for OJ usage and it would be probably reverted whenever someone take time to correct bugs.

I will be glad to have the opinion of the list.
Best regards

Giuseppe Aruta