How to run a particular custom task via commandline

vinay kumar

Oct 6, 2017, 9:38:02 AM10/6/17
to openjump-users
Hi Guys,

I want to be able to run particular task via command-line. How can I do that?
I want to be able to run something like below.

$ openjump --simplify 0.5  input.shp output.shp

Thanks for your time.
Vinay

edgar....@web.de

Oct 6, 2017, 9:39:51 AM10/6/17
to openjum...@googlegroups.com
Vinay,

sorry there is no such functionality in OJ. all you can do is open data/project file via command line.

regards ..ede

On 06.10.2017 11:34, vinay kumar wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> I want to be able to run particular task via command-line. How can I do that?
> I want to be able to run something like below.
>
> $ *openjump --simplify 0.5  input.shp output.shp*
>
> Thanks for your time.
> Vinay
>
> --
> -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups openjump-users group. To post to this group, send email to openjum...@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to openjump-user...@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit this group at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/openjump-users?hl=en
> ---
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "openjump-users" group.

Michaël Michaud

Oct 6, 2017, 5:25:26 PM10/6/17
to openjump-users
Hi Vinay,

You can't run tasks like that.
On the other hand, if you enter into the GUI application, you have a scripting editor using beanshell as its scripting language.
It is not as simple to use as openjump --simplify 0.5  input.shp output.shp
but it makes it possible to do this and a lot more.
You need to have some knowledge about programming in general and programming java in particular,

Michaël

Fred Lehodey

Oct 6, 2017, 5:39:26 PM10/6/17
to openjum...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Other way (from many others): put your data in Postgis and "Select St_simplify(your_geom) from ......" or psql in command line....
Then, OpenJump is probably (one of) the better tool to run SQL on Postgis. (Run datastore query, etc....)

Fred

--
-- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups openjump-users group. To post to this group, send email to openjump-users@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to openjump-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit this group at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/openjump-users?hl=en

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "openjump-users" group.

Giuseppe Aruta

Oct 8, 2017, 10:55:51 AM10/8/17
to openjum...@googlegroups.com
There is also Sextante. It allows to use command line commands (using beanshell). I am not sure if Sextante has a its own "simplify" tool (gvsigCE guys modified Sextante in order to use its commandline tool with gvsig tool. I`d rather give a look if we can port it to OJ Sextante)
Peppe

Messaggio inviato dal mio ASUS MeMO Pad