GSoC 2013 Query

shruti gupta

Mar 11, 2013, 4:41:07 AM3/11/13
to openi...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone,

I am a third year undergraduate student pursuing a degree in Information Systems. I am interested to work with OpenIntents. GSoC 2013 is a great opportunity to give it a start.

I have worked on Probabilistic Graphical Models with Roostats(CERN), for Google Summer of Code - 2012. The project consisted of construction and sampling of Bayesian Belief Networks.

I had taken up a formal course in Software Development for Portable Devices at my institution. The major component of this course was application development. As a semester project, I also developed an app for a travel startup. The app currently uses local server and the companies algorithms. It has to be ported on their server. The basic version of the app is ready, with few customizations required to be launched.
Currently I am working on a team project on Wireless Network Management System, where my part is related with making the front-end user application for the system.

I am really interested in Android Application Development and Natural Language Processing. I have gone through the list of projects provided on GSoC-2012 page. Is it sufficient to consider those projects for GSoC-2013 as well?  It would be great if someone could provide few insights, so that I have better grasp over the skills required.

I am aware that the list of organizations is still not declared, however, it would be great if someone could give a general idea to go about learning more about the areas mentioned above with respect to the organization's projects.

Thank you .