Idea: Google Maps Media Synchonization for GSoc 2013

saket...@gmail.com

Mar 10, 2013, 4:49:55 PM3/10/13
to openi...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
        I would like to implement the above mentioned ides with OpenIntents for GSoc 2013.

     Main Modules:
        -Google maps for
            -event handling
            -media chosen with respect to area selected on the map

        - Events like addition and removal of images,audio,video.....

        -One can be kept updated with different events across the world

        -alert for events related to specific places on the map

     I hope that this idea would be of some worth to be implemented.

     Thanks,
     Saket Maheshwary

Friedger Müffke

Mar 10, 2013, 7:20:05 PM3/10/13
to OpenIntents .
Google Maps is only one way to represent data. To keep the open intents idea in mind, the project should not focus on Google Maps.
Not sure that I understand the idea correctly: this is about association of media files and geo-locations. There are already some projects out there, like panorama, ushahidi, .. that deal with one or the other aspect.

At the moment, I doubt, that OpenIntents has the means to create a platform for crowd sourced data....

Cheers
Friedger