newbie question on how to use OI Notepad and OI FileChooser

Anil

Apr 26, 2014, 7:03:04 PM4/26/14
to openi...@googlegroups.com
I was wondering how to use OI Notepad and OI FileChooser.

1) Is it a jar file bundled along with my app?

2) For OI FileChooser, I want user to select multiple recorded audio clips and the filechooser to return the urls to me so I can save them in a file, one url per line so I can play them later on.

3) For OI Notepad, I want to call it from a DialogPreference. The user enters in text and saves it, and the filechooser returns the url of the file.

Appreciate your replies.

Anil

Apr 29, 2014, 5:11:15 PM4/29/14
to openi...@googlegroups.com
Can I bundle OINotepad with my app?

Friedger Müffke

Apr 30, 2014, 2:44:01 AM4/30/14
to OpenIntents .
OI Notepad source code is released under APL2

Anil

Apr 30, 2014, 5:38:58 PM4/30/14
to openi...@googlegroups.com
Friedger,
Thank you for replying. I read somewhere that under Apache License v2, if your app includes a component that has v2, your entire app becomes open source - is that correct?

Anil

Friedger Müffke

May 1, 2014, 2:39:55 AM5/1/14
to OpenIntents

Could you please elaborate what you mean by component. Under APL2 you are free to use the source code while adding a reference to the source licence.

What do you want to do exactly?

Anil and Rita Philip

May 1, 2014, 10:38:01 AM5/1/14
to openi...@googlegroups.com
I want to invoke OINotepad and get user to enter notes, one at a time, on a topic and to save several notes on a topic in one single file, separating them by a blank line. The topic title should be on the first line perhaps prefixed by #
Should I modify the source code to do this?