IlllegalArgumentException: URI is not an absolute

dzone

Mar 12, 2007, 5:15:40 PM3/12/07
to OpenID4Java
Hello,

I am trying to use OpenID4Java to set up an open ID consumer. However,
my code, as well as the SampleConsumer class that is provided, both
return the following exception:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: URI is not absolute
at java.net.URI.toURL(URI.java:1080)
at
net.openid.discovery.Discovery.extractDiscoveryInformation(Discovery.java:
276)
at net.openid.discovery.Discovery.discover(Discovery.java:189)
at net.openid.discovery.Discovery.discover(Discovery.java:134)
at net.openid.consumer.ConsumerManager.discover(ConsumerManager.java:
499)

Can anyone give me any idea what the problem is here? As I said, it
shows up even with the SampleConsumer.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Johnny Bufu

Mar 12, 2007, 5:49:57 PM3/12/07
to openi...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

On 12-Mar-07, at 2:15 PM, dzone wrote:
> I am trying to use OpenID4Java to set up an open ID consumer. However,
> my code, as well as the SampleConsumer class that is provided, both
> return the following exception:
>
> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: URI is not absolute
> at java.net.URI.toURL(URI.java:1080)
> at
> net.openid.discovery.Discovery.extractDiscoveryInformation
> (Discovery.java:
> 276)
> at net.openid.discovery.Discovery.discover(Discovery.java:189)
> at net.openid.discovery.Discovery.discover(Discovery.java:134)
> at net.openid.consumer.ConsumerManager.discover(ConsumerManager.java:
> 499)

Two questions:

What revision of the code are you using? (it seems to have the latest
to date, just want to make sure we're looking at the same thing)

What is the OpenID identifier you're trying to use?

From the stack trace above, I'd say the OP-endpoint listed in the
XRDS file does not include the scheme, which is mandatory for it to
qualify as an absolute URL.

Hope this helps.
Johnny

dzone

Mar 13, 2007, 9:41:56 AM3/13/07
to OpenID4Java
Hi Johnny,

Thanks for your response.

It turns out it was actually a problem with Resin's XML parser. We
switched Resin so that it uses Xerces-Xalen and the problem went away.

Thanks again