Error with yahoo: 0x100: Required parameter missing: openid.mode

aditsu

Sep 26, 2010, 9:52:15 AM9/26/10
to OpenID4Java
Hi, I'm using the latest openid4java code from svn, and trying to run
the ConsumerServlet.
I'm using the openid identifier "yahoo.com", and after connecting to
yahoo, I get an http GET request back from yahoo, for the url "/
consumer?is_return=true", which throws this exception:

org.openid4java.message.MessageException: 0x100: Required parameter
missing: openid.mode
at org.openid4java.message.Message.validate(Message.java:188)
at org.openid4java.message.AuthSuccess.validate(AuthSuccess.java:404)
at
org.openid4java.message.AuthSuccess.createAuthSuccess(AuthSuccess.java:
117)
at
org.openid4java.consumer.ConsumerManager.verify(ConsumerManager.java:
1144)
at
org.openid4java.samples.consumerservlet.ConsumerServlet.verifyResponse(ConsumerServlet.java:
260)
at
org.openid4java.samples.consumerservlet.ConsumerServlet.processReturn(ConsumerServlet.java:
112)
at
org.openid4java.samples.consumerservlet.ConsumerServlet.doPost(ConsumerServlet.java:
98)
at
org.openid4java.samples.consumerservlet.ConsumerServlet.doGet(ConsumerServlet.java:
89)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:707)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)
[...]

If I open the same url myself, I get the same exception.

Apparently yahoo is doing this to verify the return url of the RP -
according to http://is.gd/fu0Pf , this is the reason I'm also getting
this message from yahoo:

Warning: Yahoo! cannot verify this website. We recommend you do not
share any personal information with this website.

So what is the solution?

Thanks
Adrian