OpenHack: June 18th, 7PM

J. Austin Hughey

Jun 10, 2013, 7:04:09 PM6/10/13
to openha...@googlegroups.com
Hope everyone is well and has had an excellent weekend! Our next OpenHack is going to be on Tuesday, June 18th at 7PM at Capital Factory. More info can be found at the usual place: http://openhack.github.io/austin/. If you have any questions, feel free to post to the list or contact me directly.

Please feel free to invite friends and co-workers! OpenHack is a great place to meet other developers/hackers/engineers and get some work done at the same time! Any project, any language, any framework, any reason - it's all fair game, and it's all good!

Hope to see you there!
 - J. Austin Hughey

Kalyanramu Vemishetty

Jun 12, 2013, 11:24:42 PM6/12/13
to openha...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I am interested in coming to the Open Hack Session June 18th. What type of open source people work on? Any C++ Programmers there for tag team?

Thanks,
Kalyan

J. Austin Hughey

Jun 13, 2013, 8:41:29 PM6/13/13
to Kalyanramu Vemishetty, openha...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kalyan,

Most people work on either side projects or potentially something open source. I can't say we have anyone who works exclusively in C++ at the moment that I know of, but several people who attend have prior experience with C and C derivatives (C++, C#, Objective C, etc.). People sometimes work on different things each time they show up. Chances are somebody has some C++ experience but it's of course not  a guarantee.

Still, come on out! Most likely somebody there will be able to pair with you and if not, well that's just an excuse to teach somebody or learn something new yourself :) Hope to meet you Tuesday!

--
J. Austin Hughey