Next OpenHack and Invitation to OpenHack members: AngelHack Austin

J. Austin Hughey

Apr 24, 2013, 1:11:53 AM4/24/13
to openha...@googlegroups.com
I received a very generous invitation recently intended for any and all OpenHack "members" (for lack of a better term!) to attend AngelHack Austin on June 1-2nd. Some of you I know are quite interested in the startup scene so I encourage you to attend.

Tickets range from $35 bucks per person to $59 at the door. Thanks to the generous folks at AngelHack, you can get in for free!

Here's the relevant portion of the message I received from AngelHack (http://angelhack.com/):

Ready to take your big idea to the next level?

Then join AngelHack Austin on June 1st for their global hackathon competition, where you can win $100,000's in prizes, seed capital, acceptance in a Silicon Valley accelerator, and trips out to Silicon Valley where you'll pitch your startup to reps from Google Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, and the largest investors around.

Come alone or bring a friend. There'll be 100's of other developers and designers there for you to work with. OpenHack members get free tickets with code hackmonkeyFull details here: http://ahsp13austin.eventbrite.com/?discount=hackmonkey

If you have questions, or just want to talk about it here, feel free to post to the list or contact me directly.

Additionally, our next OpenHack will be Wednesday, May 1 at Capital Factory at 7PM. The usual place is where to go for more information: openhack.github.com/austin

Hope you can make it out for both OpenHack and AngelHack!

- J. Austin Hughey