Nest API & Timeouts?

.

Mar 9, 2015, 8:31:15 PM3/9/15
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Is anyone else having trouble with the Nest Developer API service at the moment?

I had the new Nest binding was working earlier today, and now I'm only getting timeout errors.  I haven't changed the default polling rate of 60s; would be surprised if my account was blocked...  Even tried creating a new client and faced the same problem!

2015-03-09 20:21:48.208 TRACE o.o.b.n.internal.NestBinding[:127]- Querying Nest API
2015-03-09 20:21:58.674 ERROR o.o.b.n.i.m.AbstractRequest[:173]- Fatal transport error: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out
2015-03-09 20:21:58.677 ERROR o.o.b.n.internal.NestBinding[:143]- Error reading from Nest:
org.openhab.binding.nest.internal.NestException: Could not get data model.
        at org.openhab.binding.nest.internal.messages.AbstractRequest.newException(AbstractRequest.java:85)
        at org.openhab.binding.nest.internal.messages.DataModelRequest.execute(DataModelRequest.java:61)
        at org.openhab.binding.nest.internal.NestBinding.readNest(NestBinding.java:157)
        at org.openhab.binding.nest.internal.NestBinding.execute(NestBinding.java:140)
        at org.openhab.core.binding.AbstractActiveBinding$BindingActiveService.execute(AbstractActiveBinding.java:156)
        at org.openhab.core.service.AbstractActiveService$RefreshThread.run(AbstractActiveService.java:173)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: null
        at java.io.StringReader.<init>(StringReader.java:50)
        at org.codehaus.jackson.JsonFactory.createJsonParser(JsonFactory.java:636)
        at org.codehaus.jackson.map.ObjectMapper.readValue(ObjectMapper.java:1854)
        at org.openhab.binding.nest.internal.messages.DataModelRequest.execute(DataModelRequest.java:54)
        at org.openhab.binding.nest.internal.NestBinding.readNest(NestBinding.java:157)
        at org.openhab.binding.nest.internal.NestBinding.execute(NestBinding.java:140)

Thanks,
.

Mark

Mar 9, 2015, 8:45:06 PM3/9/15
to ope...@googlegroups.com
I'm not seeing that type of issue according to my Dev logs.

They have several IP's backing that DNS Name, so it's possible that one of the machines is choking.

.

Mar 9, 2015, 8:48:38 PM3/9/15
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Thank you, Mark!

Scratching my head as to why this started.  Hitting the URL via a browser also hangs...  I also suspect it's a service issue at this point.

.

Mar 10, 2015, 1:31:44 PM3/10/15
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Disabled the Nest addon overnight, re-enabled this morning, and all is working fine today.  Seems as though it was either Nest API service related issue or my account was temporarily blocked...

.

Neil Renaud

Mar 13, 2015, 12:23:27 PM3/13/15
to ope...@googlegroups.com
If it helps I noticed why developing if I requested a Nest Code too often it would go into a loop where it didn't return so imagine it is some kind of blocking.

Neil