building openHab: maven exception on org.fornax.toolsupport:fornax-oaw-m2-plugin:3.3.0

francis.a...@gmail.com

Feb 26, 2013, 3:53:42 PM2/26/13
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Hi

Building OpenHAB from the default repository, got this exception running mvn install. Any idea about the origin of the problem?

TIAFYH

Downloading: http://obelix:8080/nexus-2.2-01/content/groups/public/org/fornax/toolsupport/fornax-oaw-m2-plugin/3.3.0/fornax-oaw-m2-p
lugin-3.3.0.pom
[WARNING] The POM for org.fornax.toolsupport:fornax-oaw-m2-plugin:jar:3.3.0 is missing, no dependency information available
[ERROR] Internal error: java.lang.RuntimeException: org.apache.maven.MavenExecutionException: Could not setup plugin ClassRealm: Plu
gin org.fornax.toolsupport:fornax-oaw-m2-plugin:3.3.0 or one of its dependencies could not be resolved: Failed to read artifact desc
riptor for org.fornax.toolsupport:fornax-oaw-m2-plugin:jar:3.3.0: Could not find artifact org.fornax.toolsupport:fornax-oaw-m2-plugi
n:pom:3.3.0 in nexus (http://obelix:8080/nexus-2.2-01/content/groups/public) -> [Help 1]
org.apache.maven.InternalErrorException: Internal error: java.lang.RuntimeException: org.apache.maven.MavenExecutionException: Could
 not setup plugin ClassRealm
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:168)
        at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launchEnhanced(Launcher.java:290)
        at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:230)
        at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(Launcher.java:409)
        at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:352)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: org.apache.maven.MavenExecutionException: Could not setup plugin ClassRealm
        at org.eclipse.tycho.p2.resolver.P2TargetPlatformResolver.getDependencyMetadata(P2TargetPlatformResolver.java:166)
        at org.eclipse.tycho.p2.resolver.P2TargetPlatformResolver.setupProjects(P2TargetPlatformResolver.java:128)
        at org.eclipse.tycho.core.resolver.DefaultTychoDependencyResolver.setupProject(DefaultTychoDependencyResolver.java:81)
        at org.eclipse.tycho.core.maven.TychoMavenLifecycleParticipant.afterProjectsRead(TychoMavenLifecycleParticipant.java:77)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:273)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:156)
        ... 11 more
Caused by: org.apache.maven.MavenExecutionException: Could not setup plugin ClassRealm
        at org.eclipse.tycho.core.maven.utils.PluginRealmHelper.newMavenExecutionException(PluginRealmHelper.java:134)
        at org.eclipse.tycho.core.maven.utils.PluginRealmHelper.execute(PluginRealmHelper.java:123)
        at org.eclipse.tycho.p2.resolver.P2TargetPlatformResolver.getDependencyMetadata(P2TargetPlatformResolver.java:146)
        ... 16 more
Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.PluginResolutionException: Plugin org.fornax.toolsupport:fornax-oaw-m2-plugin:3.3.0 or one of its
 dependencies could not be resolved: Failed to read artifact descriptor for org.fornax.toolsupport:fornax-oaw-m2-plugin:jar:3.3.0
        at org.apache.maven.plugin.internal.DefaultPluginDependenciesResolver.resolve(DefaultPluginDependenciesResolver.java:129)
        at org.apache.maven.plugin.internal.DefaultMavenPluginManager.getPluginDescriptor(DefaultMavenPluginManager.java:142)
        at org.eclipse.tycho.core.maven.utils.PluginRealmHelper.execute(PluginRealmHelper.java:86)
        ... 17 more
Caused by: org.sonatype.aether.resolution.ArtifactDescriptorException: Failed to read artifact descriptor for org.fornax.toolsupport
:fornax-oaw-m2-plugin:jar:3.3.0
        at org.apache.maven.repository.internal.DefaultArtifactDescriptorReader.loadPom(DefaultArtifactDescriptorReader.java:282)
        at org.apache.maven.repository.internal.DefaultArtifactDescriptorReader.readArtifactDescriptor(DefaultArtifactDescriptorRead
er.java:172)
        at org.sonatype.aether.impl.internal.DefaultRepositorySystem.readArtifactDescriptor(DefaultRepositorySystem.java:316)
        at org.apache.maven.plugin.internal.DefaultPluginDependenciesResolver.resolve(DefaultPluginDependenciesResolver.java:115)
        ... 19 more
Caused by: org.sonatype.aether.resolution.ArtifactResolutionException: Could not find artifact org.fornax.toolsupport:fornax-oaw-m2-
plugin:pom:3.3.0 in nexus (http://obelix:8080/nexus-2.2-01/content/groups/public)
        at org.sonatype.aether.impl.internal.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolve(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:541)
        at org.sonatype.aether.impl.internal.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolveArtifacts(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:220)
        at org.sonatype.aether.impl.internal.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolveArtifact(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:197)
        at org.apache.maven.repository.internal.DefaultArtifactDescriptorReader.loadPom(DefaultArtifactDescriptorReader.java:267)
        ... 22 more
Caused by: org.sonatype.aether.transfer.ArtifactNotFoundException: Could not find artifact org.fornax.toolsupport:fornax-oaw-m2-plug
in:pom:3.3.0 in nexus (http://obelix:8080/nexus-2.2-01/content/groups/public)
        at org.sonatype.aether.connector.wagon.WagonRepositoryConnector$4.wrap(WagonRepositoryConnector.java:945)
        at org.sonatype.aether.connector.wagon.WagonRepositoryConnector$4.wrap(WagonRepositoryConnector.java:940)
        at org.sonatype.aether.connector.wagon.WagonRepositoryConnector$GetTask.flush(WagonRepositoryConnector.java:695)
        at org.sonatype.aether.connector.wagon.WagonRepositoryConnector$GetTask.flush(WagonRepositoryConnector.java:689)
        at org.sonatype.aether.connector.wagon.WagonRepositoryConnector.get(WagonRepositoryConnector.java:445)
        at org.sonatype.aether.impl.internal.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolve(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:460)
        ... 25 more
[ERROR]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/InternalErrorException
Z:\Caleo\openhab>

Kai Kreuzer

Feb 26, 2013, 4:13:46 PM2/26/13
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Who is Obelix? Your local Nexus?

Caused by: org.sonatype.aether.transfer.ArtifactNotFoundException: Could not find artifact org.fornax.toolsupport:fornax-oaw-m2-plug
in:pom:3.3.0 in nexus (http://obelix:8080/nexus-2.2-01/content/groups/public)

I assume that you need to configure some more remote repos in your Nexus - note that the parent pom.xml of openHAB defines:

          <pluginRepository>
            <id>fornax.repository</id>
            <name>Fornax Repository</name>
            <snapshots>
                <enabled>true</enabled>
            </snapshots>
          </pluginRepository>

so that's where you will find the required plugin. Add this location to your Nexus and it should work.

Regards,
Kai

francis.a...@gmail.com

Feb 27, 2013, 3:31:17 AM2/27/13
to ope...@googlegroups.com, k...@openhab.org
Hi

yes obelix is my local nexus... I already added the fornax repository as you mention in your response and I got the same error:
Could not find artifact org.fornax.toolsupport:fornax-oaw-m2-plugin:pom:3.3.0 in nexus (http://obelix:8080/nexus-2.2-01/content/groups/public) -> [Help 1]

And effectively, the pom.xml is not there... see the scren capture.. there is only the jar... so I am a little bit puzzled..

francis.a...@gmail.com

Feb 27, 2013, 3:51:16 AM2/27/13
to ope...@googlegroups.com, k...@openhab.org
Hi Again

My local nexus repository has blocked the fornax repository as

2013-02-27 09:40:21 WARN  [xy-3-thread-186] - org.sonatype.nexus.proxy.maven.maven2.M2Repository - Remote peer of proxy repository "fornax.repository" [id=fornax.repository] threw a org.sonatype.nexus.proxy.ItemNotFoundException exception. Auto-blocking this repository to prevent further connection-leaks and known-to-fail outbound connections until administrator fixes the problems, or Nexus detects remote repository as healthy. - Cause(s): Item not found for request "ResourceStoreRequest(requestPath="/")" in repository ""fornax.repository" [id=fornax.repository]"!
2013-02-27 09:40:21 INFO  [rnax.repository] - org.sonatype.nexus.proxy.registry.DefaultRepositoryRegistry-fornax.repository - Next attempt to auto-unblock the "fornax.repository" (id=fornax.repository) repository by checking its remote peer health will occur in 40 seconds.

francis.a...@gmail.com

Feb 27, 2013, 1:26:14 PM2/27/13
to ope...@googlegroups.com, k...@openhab.org
Hi Kai

For your information, I fixed this issue by deleting the local nexus fornax directory and recreate a new one with this repository URL:

http://www.fornax-platform.org/nexus/content/groups/public/

Rgds

Kai Kreuzer

Feb 27, 2013, 4:05:38 PM2/27/13
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thanks for your analysis. It seems that the fornax repository url is outdated - so I have just changed the openHAB pom.xml to use the new one that you have successfully tested.

Best regards,
Kai

michael....@gmail.com

Jun 20, 2014, 5:51:02 AM6/20/14
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Grüezi - thank you for having posted this information publicly here on your list - it was useful to me in a completely different context, to resolve a "hostname in certificate didn't match: <fornax.itemis.de> != <projects.itemis.de> OR <projects.itemis.de>" +  Access denied to: http://projects.itemis.de/nexus/content/repositories/public/ error on an (OpenHAB unrelated) project https://travis-ci.org/vorburger/eLang/builds/27756746

The correct working URL today is: https://projects.itemis.de/nexus/content/groups/public/ (note they only seem to allow https not http, and only /groups/ is public, not /repositories/ in case anyone Googling this hits is in the future).

Kai Kreuzer

Jun 20, 2014, 6:12:45 AM6/20/14
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Hi Michael,

I am glad that we were of help!

useful to me in a completely different context

It’s a pity that you are working on completely other projects than ours ;-)

Have fun,
Kai