Recruiting 2020 Congressional Innovation Fellows (through 9/3)

Travis

Aug 16, 2019, 4:44:11 PM8/16/19
to Open Government and Technology
Hi everyone!

My org, TechCongress, is now recruiting for the 2020 Congressional Innovation Fellowship, placing technologists to serve as tech policy advisors to top Members of Congress (offices like. Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D-NY), Sen. Cory Gardner (R-CO) and the House Oversight Committee).

The program pays an $82,400 stipend and other benefits and fellows have done incredible work like:
  • Passing the OPEN Government Data Act into law
  • Investigating the Equifax and OPM breaches and Cambridge Analytica
  • Securing changes to defense procurement policy to allow startups to better compete with big government contractors
Applications are open through 9/3 and there's more information here: https://www.techcongress.io/the-fellowship

Do you know any good candidates for the program? Or are you part of any groups that might that you'd be willing to circulate fellowship information to?

TechCongress has also opened nominations for the program, and offers a $500 diversity referral award to anyone that refers us to a fellow from an underrepresented community. 22 of 23 of fellows to date found out about the program from a friend or colleague. Help us build our 2020 class! https://www.techcongress.io/nominate

Thanks so much!

Travis