Re: Looking for a CTO (Especially those with some image processing expertise)

Message has been deleted

Kai @ JFDI Asia

Jul 10, 2015, 11:37:37 PM7/10/15
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hi MJ,

How is this app different from taking a snapshot of the presentation with Evernote?

On Friday, 10 July 2015 15:53:41 UTC+8, Dox Box wrote:
''You should never start a company with the goal of getting rich. Your goal should be making something you believe in and making a company that will last''
- Steve Jobs

Hi all, I'm looking for an iOS dev to hack together a prototype for a new app, currently called Doxx/Dox Box.

The app involves (some) image processing and is essentially a new form of notes taking for powerpoint presentations.

In 2001, Microsoft put the number of ppt presentations being given at an estimated 30,000,000 per day. Each conference garners around four to over a hundred attendees. That's a lot of random MS documents/notepad documents/miscellaneous phone snapshots generated by the audiences who attend these presentations in their notes-taking process. I need someone who would be interested in being involved as a CTO/coder to help streamline this process.

Did you ever fall asleep on your keyboard because you were coding for the sake of it? Is image processing a topic you could talk about for an extended amount of time? Do you believe in producing a truly high-quality product, something you won't mind being tested on a platform like bugcrowd.com? If you're up for the challenge, it would be great to meet for tea/coffee/cake (on me).

Shares in my company are available to potential CTO's and please contact me further on dox...@gmail.com if interested.

Thanks for reading,
MJ
Message has been deleted

drllau

Jul 20, 2015, 1:21:15 AM7/20/15
to open...@googlegroups.com
sounds like you want to set up a cloud-based image-processing pipeline .... there are a lot of open source packages out there (GIMP, matlab image, SDSC imagetools) but the application domain you're targetting requires a lot of manual intervention for picking/tuning the algorithmic parameters, I encountered a similar situation with Startup Weekend team in that they had the vision but lacked the technical nounce to pull it off. Basically you want a lite-weight image capturing + upload front end, a backend pipeline and probably a mechanical turk equivalent of middle-office to help in prettifying the presentation (uber equivalent of freelance graphic designer). Doable but not trivial.

Sorry, can't help further, my grad work was in 3D visualisation and moving camera functions (autofocus, white balance, etc) to the level of professional presentation is not really that cutting edge. But next time I'm in Singapore, perhaps meet up for coffee as you can define your requirements further as I may know other people in related fields.

Dox Box

Jul 25, 2015, 4:35:44 AM7/25/15
to open...@googlegroups.com, drlawr...@gmail.com
Hi drrlau,

Thanks for your reply.

Edit: Can only see part of your email address, but will try to find a way to contact you :)

MJ

Irish Delos Santos

Jul 30, 2015, 2:40:47 AM7/30/15
to OpenFrog, dox...@gmail.com, drlawr...@gmail.com, dox...@gmail.com
Hey Mj,

I've sent you a direct message via Slack, please check :)

Cheers,

Irish