Re: [OpenFrog] Digest for openfrog@googlegroups.com - 4 updates in 1 topic

Christian Geissendoerfer

Aug 30, 2015, 4:24:37 PM8/30/15
to open...@googlegroups.com
You can use AmericanExpress FX services. You can do it all online with them.

americanexpress.com.sg/fx

We use them also for USD to USD international payments at a 22 USD flat fee.

If anyone is keen, I can introduce to their relationship manager.

All the best
Christian

On Wednesday, August 26, 2015, <open...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
stu...@roomfilla.com: Aug 25 09:14PM -0700

Hey there,

We have a Singapore company and have clients in Thailand who we need to pay
on a fairly regular basis. Through some research, it seems that Singapore
is a very regulated market for foreign exchange brokers and services.

Does anybody know how we can do this cheaper than using the banks? A
service like Transferwise would be the holy grail.

Appreciate your input!

Best,
Stuart
Mark Thien <mark...@gmail.com>: Aug 26 12:35PM +0800

Try braintreepayment

Cheerio,
Mark Thien

niallgreenwood <niallgr...@hotmail.com>: Aug 26 11:32AM +0700

Stuart, to short cut a bit, this is a deliberately regulated area, which is why concepts like Transferwise have very limited applicability in Singapore. You might shop around with Western Union and a few brokers, but I suspect (much like for GBP) you're going to find most rates uncompetitive, sorry! Niall

Sent from my Mi phone

On stu...@roomfilla.com, Aug 26, 2015 11:25 AM wrote:

Hey there,

We have a Singapore company and have clients in Thailand who we need to pay on a fairly regular basis. Through some research, it seems that Singapore is a very regulated market for foreign exchange brokers and services.

Does anybody know how we can do this cheaper than using the banks? A service like Transferwise would be the holy grail.

Appreciate your input!

Best,

Stuart

Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/openfrog.

Thai Dang <dvqua...@gmail.com>: Aug 26 01:56PM +0700

Hi,

I contacted Braintree a few months ago and they said that for companies
registered in Singapore, Braintree only supports the collection of
payments, but NOT the payouts to clients (the payout service is only
available for companies regsitered in the U.S.).

I'm not sure whether that service is now coming to Singapore or when, so if
you hear anything, would glad to know. Thanks.

(P/S: For Western Union, they do not allow doing it online in Singapore.
You have to do it offline at a SingPost shop. And the rate will be at least
$25 each time which is not cheaper than telegraphic transfers. Western
Union Online is available in several countries, but mainly in North
America, Europe, Australia, NZ, but not Singapore).

You have received this digest because you're subscribed to updates for this group. You can change your settings on the group membership page.

All the best
Christian

CHRISTIAN GEISSENDOERFER
CEO

YOOSE Pte. Ltd.  30A Duxton Road  Singapore 089494 (Singapore)
Mobile +65 8223 7637 (SG)  +1 (646) 535-7551 (US)