Re:[OpenFrog] Poll : Accountant/accounting software for new startup

niallgreenwood

Apr 16, 2015, 2:30:34 AM4/16/15
to open...@googlegroups.com

Hi Claudia, Xero seems popular as a package, and it can help to manage volume, and costs, if you engage a bookkeeper early on. Niall

On Claudia NG <claud...@gmail.com>, Apr 16, 2015 1:50 PM wrote:

Hi OpenFroggers,

I've recently incorporated a new company.

As both myself and my co-founder is not really well versed in accounting, and we are not expecting a huge volume of transactions at the very start, just wondering what is the "usual" route taken by startups to resolve this?

Do you guys hire a freelance accountant or do you just start off with an accounting software?

For those who chose the software route, is there any easy, user-friendly software we can start off with?

Any kind of recommendation/review will be very welcome!

Thanks in advance,
Claudia

Claudia NG

Apr 16, 2015, 10:53:00 AM4/16/15
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hi Niall,

Thanks for the recommendation. I will have a look at Xero. Have you tried Wave by the way? Seems like it is going full feature for free. Am wondering if anyone has experience with it.

Irish Delos Santos

Apr 16, 2015, 10:35:37 PM4/16/15
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hey Claudia,

I hope you're always in good spirit :)

These are online accounting software that I have tried personally:

Both of them are affordable and user friendly.

I hope you'll be able to find the best accounting software which suits you best.

Cheers,

Irish

On Thursday, 16 April 2015 14:30:34 UTC+8, Niall Greenwood wrote:

Hi Claudia, Xero seems popular as a package, and it can help to manage volume, and costs, if you engage a bookkeeper early on. Niall

On Claudia NG <claud...@gmail.com>, Apr 16, 2015 1:50 PM wrote:

Hi OpenFroggers,

I've recently incorporated a new company.

As both myself and my co-founder is not really well versed in accounting, and we are not expecting a huge volume of transactions at the very start, just wondering what is the "usual" route taken by startups to resolve this?

Do you guys hire a freelance accountant or do you just start off with an accounting software?

For those who chose the software route, is there any easy, user-friendly software we can start off with?

Any kind of recommendation/review will be very welcome!

Thanks in advance,
Claudia

Shen Heng

Apr 17, 2015, 8:17:17 AM4/17/15
to open...@googlegroups.com
We have been using billgrid.com for a while, after using several popular services.

Try the free trial and you will see why.

For us, we generate cost estimates / quotes and clients can approve via an approve button. We can then convert that to an invoice.

If invoice is overdue it automatically sends reminders. So we don't have to track.

When payment is done you can flag as paid and clients get a thank you email.

Claudia NG

Apr 18, 2015, 1:17:56 AM4/18/15
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hi Shen Heng,

Thanks for your recommendation. Billgrid is interesting but seems to be more like a billing software than an accounting software.

Hi Irish,

Thanks for your recommendation. The two software you recommended looks rather intuitive to use.Interestingly, Wave seems to be the only full feature free software out there. I might sign up for the free trial of the other two and see where it leads.

Thanks for your suggestion. Appreciate it.

Cheers,
Claudia

Thai Dang

Apr 18, 2015, 2:49:03 AM4/18/15
to open...@googlegroups.com
QuickFile ( http://www.quickfile.co.uk/ ) is only available for the UK at the moment.
But because the companies law and accounting standards in UK & Singapore are quite similar, I think can use that as well, if you just want to record the data and export into reports. It's also free like Wave Accounting.

Claudia NG

Apr 18, 2015, 7:20:07 AM4/18/15
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hi Thai,

Thanks! Quickfile's sounds like a non-account geek's lifeline. I will give it a shot.

Thanks again to this community. You guys are a gem! :D