outsource developer for ecommerce site

Kenneth Li

Dec 30, 2015, 7:41:35 PM12/30/15
to OpenFrog
Hi All,
I'm looking to redevelop my e-commerce site for a print shop (we have an existing business now, which is hosted on a saas platform - bigcommerce). We're outgrowing what bigcommerce can offer us and our old site looks super old school, hence the need for a custom solution.

As an fyi, some of the things that we would want to build into the new site are as follows:
-custom order placement workflow (vs standard out of the box ecommerce install) - e.g. a customer comes to the site, selects the product and size of print the customer wants, uploads an image for that print, manipulates the image based on what they want shown, and then adds that to the cart
-some customization to order management and workflow to help streamline our operations (e.g. integrating bar code scanning to automate order status changes and shipping label printing)

We have other ideas for site improvements later on as well (e.g. expose APIs for third parties to automatically send orders to us), hopefully the shop that we engage would be able to handle these later as well.

Thinking of using PrestaShop as the shopping cart, open to suggestions.  Heard magento is very cumbersome to use and skin.

Any recommendations on companies to speak with about this?  I saw to other threads before (one on HCMC companies, and another one who had asked a similar question but was just starting out..) but figured since this group provides great suggestions, would ask again to see what additional companies are recommended.

Thanks!
Ken