Legendary Games like Metal Gear and Resident Evil Series Game

rusl...@gmail.com

Aug 25, 2016, 12:07:44 AM8/25/16
to OpenFrog
Hello, I'm David, from Jakarta, Indonesia. Just for discussion purpose, has anyone ever thought, the recipe to make legendary games like Metal Gear, Uncharted and Resident Evil?

I mean, has anyone thinking of making such individual, non-MMORPG games on mobile platform?

Thanks..

drllau

Aug 25, 2016, 2:15:02 PM8/25/16
to OpenFrog, rusl...@gmail.com
I suspect gameplay is harder to engineer than people imagine. You have to factor in the context ... firstly the mobile device is a phone so it is hard to imagine a game so encompassing that you can't interrupt to take a call. Hence activities which take a few minutes or time-killers whilst waiting in queues are more suited. On the other hand, with the general trend into escapism and AR, it is not impossible to see the phone as an entry point into a fantasy world overlapping with reality. The engineering limitation being that of battery life rather than bandwidth. Despite modern mobiles being more powerful than PCs of a decade ago, generating full vision 3D is still GPU intensive and latency issues start to bite. With transmedia, there is a lot of overlap with movies (franchise), gaming, accessories, collectables etc ... so there's still a lot of combinations left to try (see games around GPS hide & seek). Gaming will substitute for travel/tourism/sport to some extent (both compete in the leisure space) but to come up with a category killer, perhaps a new genre is needed which requires a lot of imagineering and perhaps reframing the elements of social "fun".

Meng WONG

Aug 27, 2016, 3:47:50 AM8/27/16
to open...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Aug 24, 2016 at 3:56 AM, <rusl...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello, I'm David, from Jakarta, Indonesia. Just for discussion purpose, has anyone ever thought, the recipe to make legendary games like Metal Gear, Uncharted and Resident Evil?

I mean, has anyone thinking of making such individual, non-MMORPG games on mobile platform?

Yeah, people do think about these things. In fact, if you think about them for a few years at a time, you can get an university degree in the subject!