How do you collect real time opinions and insights into your customers or stakeholders?

Keren Flavell

Jan 19, 2016, 9:57:03 PM1/19/16
to OpenFrog
Do you find it hard to get inside the minds of your potential customers?

I'm doing the JFDI accelerator course and researching the problem of obtaining insights on which to shape business decisions.

I'd love to hear from anyone who is challenged by the task of researching the wants and needs of your target audience.

We help capture realtime opinions to help you make decisions that grow your business.

Please let me know if you have 15 minutes for a customer interview, or if I can give you a free trial of our product.

Cheers

Keren

drllau

Jan 20, 2016, 9:16:07 AM1/20/16
to OpenFrog
sentiment analysis can be applied to twitter streams ... there was a startup in the DBS FinTech pre-accelerator that used natural language processing, you may want to chat with them if they are still in BASH.

PS ... be careful as you want to distinguish between system 1 v system 2 thinking as decision making is distinctly different.

Keren Flavell

Jan 20, 2016, 11:49:51 PM1/20/16
to OpenFrog
Thanks for your feedback on this.

I wonder if you can elaborate on what 'BASH' is? I'd like to find this accelerator and not sure how to.

Also, I'm also unclear what you mean about system 1 v system 2 thinking. Can you clarify.

Thanks, from a non-technical founder! :)

Kai @ JFDI Asia

Jan 21, 2016, 10:18:31 PM1/21/16
to OpenFrog
Hi Keren,

The accelerator info and location can be found at http://www.dbs.com/hotspot/default.page

drllau

Jan 22, 2016, 12:16:59 AM1/22/16
to OpenFrog
Decision making is a non-trivial concept especially when you apply to complex situations beyond picking what dessert to order. I refer you to the classic book "Thinking Fast and Slow" http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/27/books/review/thinking-fast-and-slow-by-daniel-kahneman-book-review.html?_r=0

which you can contrast the intuitive "gut" response and the more analytical approach (system 2). If you are trying to decipher real-time communications, there might be significant biases if the more emotive system 1 is expressed disproportionately. Also every business needs to factor in existential threats ... for example if you are considering real-time streams, be aware that there's a lot of AI work being done on chatterbots so how can you be even sure that the input is a human decision maker (with authority, budget, needs etc)?

Lawrence

sam de silva

Jan 22, 2016, 9:47:04 PM1/22/16
to open...@googlegroups.com