Problem with testclient

Felix Mayerhuber

Apr 3, 2011, 6:02:38 PM4/3/11
to OpenEngSB developer discussion
Hello everyone,

I wanted to try my new connector for gcontacts with the testclient.
With some work I got it loaded as feature in karaf and wanted to test
it with the testclient. I created for my connector a new service
instance. After I entered the values for the parameters and clicked
submit, I got a nullpointer exception. Then I tried the same for the
example domain and there is also a nullpointer exception. Is that a
local error or is something broken with the seperation of the
connectors from the openengsb/openengsb?

Here is the error I have got:

Root cause:

java.lang.NullPointerException
at
org.openengsb.ui.admin.testClient.TestClient.performCall(TestClient.java:
402)
at org.openengsb.ui.admin.testClient.TestClient
$6.onSubmit(TestClient.java:256)
at org.apache.wicket.ajax.markup.html.form.AjaxButton
$1.onSubmit(AjaxButton.java:101)
at
org.apache.wicket.ajax.form.AjaxFormSubmitBehavior.onEvent(AjaxFormSubmitBehavior.java:
143)
at
org.apache.wicket.ajax.AjaxEventBehavior.respond(AjaxEventBehavior.java:
177)
at
org.apache.wicket.ajax.AbstractDefaultAjaxBehavior.onRequest(AbstractDefaultAjaxBehavior.java:
302)
at
org.apache.wicket.request.target.component.listener.BehaviorRequestTarget.processEvents(BehaviorRequestTarget.java:
157)
at
org.apache.wicket.request.AbstractRequestCycleProcessor.processEvents(AbstractRequestCycleProcessor.java:
92)
at
org.apache.wicket.RequestCycle.processEventsAndRespond(RequestCycle.java:
1250)
at org.apache.wicket.RequestCycle.step(RequestCycle.java:1329)
at org.apache.wicket.RequestCycle.steps(RequestCycle.java:1436)
at org.apache.wicket.RequestCycle.request(RequestCycle.java:545)
at
org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.WicketFilter.doGet(WicketFilter.java:
486)
at
org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.WicketFilter.doFilter(WicketFilter.java:
319)

kind regards,
Felix

Andreas Pieber

Apr 4, 2011, 2:21:06 AM4/4/11
to openen...@googlegroups.com
mhm...you're on the latest master I assume? This sounds somehow
strange to me. I'm not sure when I can take a look at it (christoph?)
but latest this evening.

Kind regards,
Andreas

Andreas Pieber

Apr 4, 2011, 2:57:43 AM4/4/11
to openen...@googlegroups.com
Hey Felix,

Please try again with the latest master. For me it works. I've created
http://issues.openengsb.org/jira/browse/OPENENGSB-1217 to create an
integration test for the this problem, that we test it with each push
(feel free to take this issue if you like ;)). If you get the same
error on the latest master please create a new issue and attach the
output of log:display in the karaf console

Thanks and kind regards,
Andreas

Felix Mayerhuber

Apr 4, 2011, 5:59:15 AM4/4/11