building openengsb-framework master

Christoph Gritschenberger

Jul 23, 2012, 9:02:24 AM7/23/12
to openen...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Some of you might have problems building the current master of
openengsb-framework. That's because Aries is releasing their bundles one
by one and the SNAPSHOTs are deleted with the release. To make openengsb
build again you need to build aries yourself.
For that you need a specific revision of aries (where all deps are still
1.0.0-SNAPSHOT) and jdk6. Aries will *not* build with jdk7.

svn co -r 1351602 http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/aries/trunk aries
cd aries
mvn install -DskipTests

kind regards,
christoph

Christoph Gritschenberger

Jul 23, 2012, 9:11:59 AM7/23/12
to openen...@googlegroups.com
Hi again,

I'm working on some fixes to get the openengsb-framework working with
the current karaf-trunk. However this will cause the build to fail with
the karaf-snapshots that are currently deployed. So to build the
framework with my fixes included, you need to build karaf yourself.
To build karaf you also need to compile the aries-snapshots like I
described before.

svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/karaf/trunk karaf
or
git clone git://git.apache.org/karaf.git

mvn install -DskipTests

kind regards,
christoph

Christoph Prybila

Jul 24, 2012, 7:49:17 AM7/24/12
to openen...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

When I check out aries with the given revision and try to build it on win xp I get the following errors

[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[WARNING] The POM for org.apache.aries:eba-maven-plugin:jar:1.0.0-SNAPSHOT is missing, no dependency information available
[ERROR] The build could not read 6 projects -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR]   The project org.apache.aries.samples.blog:org.apache.aries.samples.blog.jdbc.eba:1.0.0-SNAPSHOT (F:\Workspaces\EclipseProjects\EclipseGanymede\aries\samples\blog\blog-jdbc-eba\pom.xml) has 2 errors
[ERROR]     Unresolveable build extension: Plugin org.apache.aries:eba-maven-plugin:1.0.0-SNAPSHOT or one of its dependencies could not be resolved: Failure to find org.apache.aries:eba-maven-plugin:jar:1.0.0-SNAPSHOT in https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/snapshots-group was cached in the local repository, resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval of apache.snapshots has elapsed or updates are forced -> [Help 2]
[ERROR]     Unknown packaging: eba @ line 40, column 16
[ERROR]
[ERROR]   The project org.apache.aries.samples.blog:org.apache.aries.samples.blog.jpa.eba:1.0.0-SNAPSHOT (F:\Workspaces\EclipseProjects\EclipseGanymede\aries\samples\blog\blog-jpa-eba\pom.xml) has 2 errors
[ERROR]     Unresolveable build extension: Plugin org.apache.aries:eba-maven-plugin:1.0.0-SNAPSHOT or one of its dependencies could not be resolved: Failure to find org.apache.aries:eba-maven-plugin:jar:1.0.0-SNAPSHOT in https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/snapshots-group was cached in the local repository, resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval of apache.snapshots has elapsed or updates are forced -> [Help 2]
[ERROR]     Unknown packaging: eba @ line 40, column 16
[ERROR]
[ERROR]   The project org.apache.aries.samples.ariestrader:org.apache.aries.samples.ariestrader.jdbc:1.0.0-SNAPSHOT (F:\Workspaces\EclipseProjects\EclipseGanymede\aries\samples\ariestrader\assemblies\ariestrader-jdbc-eba\pom.xml) has 2 errors
[ERROR]     Unresolveable build extension: Plugin org.apache.aries:eba-maven-plugin:1.0.0-SNAPSHOT or one of its dependencies could not be resolved: Failure to find org.apache.aries:eba-maven-plugin:jar:1.0.0-SNAPSHOT in https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/snapshots-group was cached in the local repository, resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval of apache.snapshots has elapsed or updates are forced -> [Help 2]
[ERROR]     Unknown packaging: eba @ line 30, column 16
[ERROR]
[ERROR]   The project org.apache.aries.samples.ariestrader:org.apache.aries.samples.ariestrader.all:1.0.0-SNAPSHOT (F:\Workspaces\EclipseProjects\EclipseGanymede\aries\samples\ariestrader\assemblies\ariestrader-all-eba\pom.xml) has 2 errors
[ERROR]     Unresolveable build extension: Plugin org.apache.aries:eba-maven-plugin:1.0.0-SNAPSHOT or one of its dependencies could not be resolved: Failure to find org.apache.aries:eba-maven-plugin:jar:1.0.0-SNAPSHOT in https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/snapshots-group was cached in the local repository, resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval of apache.snapshots has elapsed or updates are forced -> [Help 2]
[ERROR]     Unknown packaging: eba @ line 30, column 16
[ERROR]
[ERROR]   The project org.apache.aries.samples.blueprint.helloworld:org.apache.aries.samples.blueprint.helloworld.eba:1.0.0-SNAPSHOT (F:\Workspaces\EclipseProjects\EclipseGanymede\aries\samples\blueprint\helloworld\helloworld-eba\pom.xml) has 2 errors
[ERROR]     Unresolveable build extension: Plugin org.apache.aries:eba-maven-plugin:1.0.0-SNAPSHOT or one of its dependencies could not be resolved: Failure to find org.apache.aries:eba-maven-plugin:jar:1.0.0-SNAPSHOT in https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/snapshots-group was cached in the local repository, resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval of apache.snapshots has elapsed or updates are forced -> [Help 2]
[ERROR]     Unknown packaging: eba @ line 36, column 16
[ERROR]
[ERROR]   The project org.apache.aries.samples.twitter:org.apache.aries.samples.twitter.eba:1.0.0-SNAPSHOT (F:\Workspaces\EclipseProjects\EclipseGanymede\aries\samples\twitter\twitter-eba\pom.xml) has 2 errors
[ERROR]     Unresolveable build extension: Plugin org.apache.aries:eba-maven-plugin:1.0.0-SNAPSHOT or one of its dependencies could not be resolved: Failure to find org.apache.aries:eba-maven-plugin:jar:1.0.0-SNAPSHOT in https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/snapshots-group was cached in the local repository, resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval of apache.snapshots has elapsed or updates are forced -> [Help 2]
[ERROR]     Unknown packaging: eba @ line 35, column 16
[ERROR]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/ProjectBuildingException
[ERROR] [Help 2] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/PluginResolutionException

I also built the Head of aries and the build was successfull, but then (obviously) I got a "missing aries dependency" error during the openengsb built.
Did I miss something?

kr Chris

Christoph Gritschenberger

Jul 24, 2012, 9:52:09 AM7/24/12
to openen...@googlegroups.com
Jean-Baptiste just fixed the karaf-master to use the released versions
of aries.
So right now the karaf-master should build just fine (until aries
decides to release the next bundles).

kind regards,
christoph

Christoph Prybila

Jul 24, 2012, 12:38:36 PM7/24/12
to openen...@googlegroups.com
Does that mean I am able to build the current openengsb-master with out anything else, or do I need the karaf build?
Because the karaf build from git also fails at my win xp system (so sorry  :( ), see the log of the build attached.
A dependency called "jline:jline:jar:2.8-SNAPSHOT" could not be resolved.

kr Chris
buildLog.txt

Lukas Stampf

Jul 24, 2012, 1:11:26 PM7/24/12
to openen...@googlegroups.com
This means you should be able to build the current karaf trunk. For the openengsb to build he would have to do a release to.

kind regards
Lukas

Christoph Gritschenberger

Jul 24, 2012, 3:13:26 PM7/24/12
to openen...@googlegroups.com
Ah yes. you need to build jline-2.8

git clone git://github.com/jline/jline2.git
cd jline2
mvn clean install

then you should be able to build karaf (w/o building aries first). Then
you can build openengsb :).

kind regards,
christoph

Felix Mayerhuber

Jul 24, 2012, 5:45:42 PM7/24/12
to openen...@googlegroups.com
With the current master, I can't run the OpenEngSB, because of:

Could not launch framework: java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not resolve mvn:org.apache.felix/org.apache.felix.framework/4.0.3
java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not resolve mvn:org.apache.felix/org.apache.felix.framework/4.0.3
    at org.apache.karaf.main.util.SimpleMavenResolver.resolve(SimpleMavenResolver.java:59)
    at org.apache.karaf.main.Main.createClassLoader(Main.java:258)
    at org.apache.karaf.main.Main.launch(Main.java:227)
    at org.apache.karaf.main.Main.main(Main.java:169)

Seems like the new felix framework version isn't downloaded (didn't have it in my m2 repo). Shouldn't it be downloaded automatically? (Got shocked in the first moment when I wanted to run the itests and not even 1 passed :-) )

Kind regards
Felix

Christoph Gritschenberger

Jul 25, 2012, 4:11:21 AM7/25/12
to openen...@googlegroups.com
No the felix-framework is included in the apache-karaf-assembly. Older
karaf-snapshots (June) still use and package 4.0.2.
So you need to build karaf from trunk to make this work.
That's why I wrote the initial mail in the first place.

kind regards,
christoph