build error

Svetoslav Videnov

Nov 3, 2013, 3:27:28 PM11/3/13
to openen...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

I have quite a wired behavior where I can't figure out what the problem is.

If I clean install the project the build passes. If I only install the project the build fails. More specific it fails at the OpenEngSB :: Framework :: Integration Tests with the following exception:

Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-surefire-plugin:2.14:test (default-test) on project org.openengsb.framework.itests: Execution default-test of goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-surefire-plugin:2.14:test failed: There was an error in the forked process
org.apache.maven.surefire.util.NestedRuntimeException: Unable to create test class 'org.openengsb.domain.testdomain.target.classes.org.openengsb.domain.testdomain.TestDomain'; nested exception is java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.openengsb.domain.testdomain.target.classes.org.openengsb.domain.testdomain.TestDomain
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.openengsb.domain.testdomain.target.classes.org.openengsb.domain.testdomain.TestDomain
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:308)
at org.apache.maven.surefire.util.DefaultScanResult.loadClass(DefaultScanResult.java:131)
at org.apache.maven.surefire.util.DefaultScanResult.applyFilter(DefaultScanResult.java:95)
at org.apache.maven.surefire.junit4.JUnit4Provider.scanClassPath(JUnit4Provider.java:206)
at org.apache.maven.surefire.junit4.JUnit4Provider.invoke(JUnit4Provider.java:103)
at org.apache.maven.surefire.util.ReflectionUtils.invokeMethodWithArray2(ReflectionUtils.java:208)
at org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.ProviderFactory$ProviderProxy.invoke(ProviderFactory.java:158)
at org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.ProviderFactory.invokeProvider(ProviderFactory.java:86)
at org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.ForkedBooter.runSuitesInProcess(ForkedBooter.java:153)
at org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.ForkedBooter.main(ForkedBooter.java:95)
-> [Help 1]

I can reproduce this behavior on two different PC's and the same exception occurs when I run the pre-push.sh script.

I have no idea what the problem could be. Any ideas?

Kind regards,
Svetoslav

Andreas Pieber

Nov 3, 2013, 5:09:43 PM11/3/13
to OpenEngSB
Hey

1) for the clean/install issue: this one is a known own (especially for the itests, since within the individual projects it does what it should). While it's kind of a pitty for some cases (since it's increasing the build time) it should basically provide no other problems though.
2) For the pre-push.sh: are u sure, that you're executing the script in the root folder? (e.g. ./etc/scripts/pre-push.sh) For me the script works without any problems on the master.

Kind regards,
Andreas

Svetoslav Videnov

Nov 4, 2013, 3:56:22 AM11/4/13
to openen...@googlegroups.com

Hi!

Yes I am executing it from the root folder with maven 3.1.1 and java 1.7.

Kind regards,
Svetoslav

Andreas Pieber

Nov 4, 2013, 5:00:20 AM11/4/13
to OpenEngSB
maven 3.1.1 has some problems with karaf. Better use 3.0.x. We're working to fix this

Kind regards,
Andreas