OpenEmulator, the Apple III, and the Apple IIe

Zellyn

Jan 12, 2017, 10:24:18 PM1/12/17
to OpenEmulator, comp.sy...@googlegroups.com
Hi folks,

I'm on a long, slow quest to add IIe support to OpenEmulator, and started looking through the code. I see quite a bit of IIe-related code, even though there is definitely not a IIe configuration that the emulator can be run in. It seems some of it is for the Apple III emulation.

I have a couple of questions I thought would be worth seeing if anyone knows the answers to offhand, before I start investigating…

a) How much of a IIe does the Apple III include? Is it basically a souped-up and enhanced IIe, or is there some kind of compatibility mode?
b) OpenEmulator has an Apple III configuration: how complete/accurate is it? Can I expect to find most IIe functionality hiding in there?

Thanks,

Zellyn