Updated build instructions?

Zellyn

Jun 22, 2016, 10:53:45 PM6/22/16
to OpenEmulator
Hi folks,

Can anyone here post instructions for getting from "git clone" to hitting the "run" button in XCode and having a working build?

Here's what I have so far:

cd OpenEmulator-OSX
git submodule init
git submodule update
# Cloning into '/Users/zellyn/gh/OpenEmulator-OSX/modules/libemulation'...
# Fetched in submodule path 'modules/libemulation', but it did not contain 51bf1c4aa9fe689bb895a723cf0f1e3f0b8d2741. Direct fetching of that commit failed.
cd modules/libemulation
git checkout master
cd ../..
# Get images, roms, etc.
git checkout 598e8e54d120334ea99dd67cae08d3cfa4392d4a -- res
echo res >> .gitignore

# open the OpenEmulator-OSX folder in XCode. Everything seems to set up correctly.
# Click the "run" button, and there are build errors. Example: no such file or directory: '/Users/zellyn/gh/OpenEmulator-OSX/modules/libemulation/src/libutil/util.cpp'
# Clearly, it should be "/lib/" instead of "/src/" but (a) I'm not sure how to change XCode projects, and (b) it makes me think I probably messed something else up…

Feedback welcome. I'll eventually put newbie-friendly step-by-step instructions on the wiki once I get them figured out.

Zellyn

Raymond Wiker

Jun 23, 2016, 3:21:16 PM6/23/16
to Zellyn, OpenEmulator

On 23 Jun 2016, at 04:53 , Zellyn <zel...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi folks,

Can anyone here post instructions for getting from "git clone" to hitting the "run" button in XCode and having a working build?

Here's what I have so far:

cd OpenEmulator-OSX
git submodule init
git submodule update

I've just experimented a little with this… I got the same error as you did with the missing commit.

I then tried using just

(without the git submodule stuff) and that seemed to work better; I was able to build and start OpenEmulator, but OpenEmulator was unable to find the ROM images.

The solution to that is simple: in the project navigator in XCode, select OpenEmulator and use "File->Add Files to OpenEmulator". Give the path to the roms/ directory, and you should be set.

Zellyn

Jun 24, 2016, 1:23:58 PM6/24/16
to OpenEmulator, zel...@gmail.com
It's strange, but that worked for me too. I'll have to try to figure out what's different :-)

Thanks!

Zellyn