[jobspam] contract help scraping PDFs

Tomas Apodaca

Feb 17, 2014, 3:09:22 PM2/17/14
to openel...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm looking for someone to help extract data from a series of PDFs, ranging from documents with embedded text to scans of printed forms. If you have some skill with scripting for data manipulation (especially in Python) and general database knowledge that'd be a big plus as well.

The work is for a civic information API for the 2014 Indonesian elections.

All the software developed for the project is open source, and, along with the data, freely licensed. The project's github page is here: https://github.com/pemiluAPI/

If anyone here is interested in and available for work like this, or just wants to know more about the project, please feel free to reply to me off-list.

Thanks for your attention,
Tomas