Easy Tasks

Derek Willis

May 2, 2015, 9:09:43 AM5/2/15
to openel...@googlegroups.com
Folks,

In order to make it easier for people to contribute to the project, we've started to add smaller, one-off tasks to our workflow. For example, it's now possible to contribute individual scrapers or converted PDF files instead of taking on an entire state. We've started with some HTML-parsing/converting tasks in Ohio, which you can find here:

We'll be rolling these out for other states as well. The idea is to get as much of the data ready to be ingested into our pipeline, regardless of how it gets there. So whether you know Python (or even Git) or not, you can help OpenElections tackle the job of compiling election results data. No coding necessary.

Thanks, as always, for your help and support. We're making steady progress on publishing raw results - we added precinct-level data for Florida for 2012 and 2014 recently, and will be adding Washington state data soon - and we'll keep going.

Derek and Serdar