Two charity data events in Manchester this month!

Steven Flower

Mar 1, 2016, 6:54:07 AM3/1/16
to opendatam...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

Like buses, we wait so long for charity data events and guess what....

Open Data Manchester event - 22nd March
@The Shed, 6.30-8.30pm

As you might know, we have scheduled an Open Data Manchester event on the 22nd March , all around open data on grants and social impact:

We have speakers from the Big Lottery fund along, who are just about to open up data on 150,000 grants.  Plus, there'll be contributions from those looking at measuring the "social impact" of grants - is this possible/feasible?

Additionally, I'm involved in another event that people might find interesting:

Charity data challenge, 17th March
@Manchester Central Library, 10.30am-4.30pm

This is more of a hands on/"hackday" approach.  The National Council for Voluntary Organisations (NCVO) are keen to look deep into charity data and understand the challenges and barriers to use and analysis.  They already do a great deal (https://data.ncvo.org.uk/), but want to explore this with local open data (ish) communities.

Appreciate that the second event is during working hours and might be difficult for some.  Please let me know if you have any interest / opportunity to get involved - and/or sign up

Best wishes

Steven