April events that may be fun to attend

Tom Chiverton

Apr 7, 2015, 1:38:25 PM4/7/15
to opendatam...@googlegroups.com
There are a pair of great community events going on this month.

There is a chance to quiz the Manchester election candidates in an event we're running with other campaign groups (like Equality North West). All of the candidates have been invited so it should be a fun time, more so now Manchester is meant to be a 'northern power house' with massive funding...

This event is free and open to the public so bring friends or family along who might be interested. Please arrive at the Friends Meeting House from 6.30pm for a 7pm start on Friday, April 24.
You can register on the address below, or drop me an email. Or just turn up :-)
http://www.meetup.com/ORG-Manchester/events/221281329/

Also of interest on Saturday the 18th is the Manchester Assembly for Democracy. Working together we can begin to create a real democracy, where people themselves decide what’s best for their communities, towns, cities and workplaces. Open and widespread access to solid data is clearly a key requirement.

Register for the free event on Saturday, April 18 and bring your best ideas on how to do it.
https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/manchester-assembly-for-democracy-tickets-15521898416

--
Tom