FW: Companies House beta service

Steven Flower

Jul 1, 2015, 12:13:59 PM7/1/15
to opendatam...@googlegroups.com
Hi

This could be of interest to people on the list...

Thanks

Steven

Aug 6, 2015, 5:20:35 AM8/6/15
to Open Data Manchester
Thanks for the link Steven.

I was about to launch into a rant about 1 star open data not being good enough nowadays but then I did a bit of research!

Although neither the beta service, nor the API, provide machine-readable access to the filings themselves (company account etc) yet, it looks like you can get the XBRL here.

This is very interesting to me as I had to abandon fledgling product I started a few years ago because the cost of acquiring this data was too high. Indeed if anyone is doing anything with this, or is interested in doing so, I'd love to hear more.

Steven Flower

Aug 6, 2015, 6:55:06 AM8/6/15
to Open Data Manchester
I was looking forward to your rant!

I wonder how/if open corporates will use this new service?

--

---