Environment Agency’s Data Advisory Group

Rob Langford

Nov 24, 2014, 3:33:41 AM11/24/14
to opendatam...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I've been invited to join the Environment Agency’s Data Advisory Group and attended their inaugural meeting this week.  There’s a blog post about the group below, but broadly speaking they are keen to open up as much of their data as they can and are looking for advice from the
wider community.

A couple of their desired outcomes that I've been specifically asked to look at are:
  • Prioritisation of datasets to release as open data
  • The “communities’” preference around data formats
Although I’ve been selected to mainly represent the Local Government sector, I be really interested in representing the thoughts of the local Open Data community around these (and probably future) objectives.

I am waiting on their currently list of their “top 50” datasets to release (as prioritised internally at the EA) as well as a list of all of their datasets (around 1,700 I think), both of which I'll share on here when they arrive.

I'd appreciate any thoughts or ideas anyone may have.

Many thanks,

Rob

Rob Langford

Dec 1, 2014, 4:58:11 AM12/1/14
to opendatam...@googlegroups.com
As promised here are the documents from the Environment Agency (EA).

Thanks