Open Data Day at TechHub Manchester 22/04/2014

Daniel Mackenzie

Feb 19, 2014, 9:00:40 AM2/19/14
to opendatam...@googlegroups.com
It's pretty short notice, but if you were planning any projects for Open Data Day then come down to TechHub Manchester this Saturday.

As I'm sure most of you know, Open Data Day is a gathering of citizens in cities around the world to write applicationsliberate data, create visualizations and publish analyses using open public data to show support for and encourage the adoption open data policies by the world's local, regional and national governments.

I'll be there doing some work with TaxHack, searching Manchester City Council procurement for companies using tax havens. Of course we'd love you to help out with some company searches, but if you have any of your own work to do or just want to be around people doing open data, then come down. We'll share the ideas going around with the Open Knowledge Foundation at some point in the day, so it would be a good opportunity to discuss and promote your projects.

TechHub have been good enough to host this event. They have a kitchen so feel free to bring your own refreshments to keep you going through the day.

I've linked it on OKF Open Data Day wiki, and here is the Eventbrite page

Please register if you plan to come so we have an idea of attendees.

Hope to see you there!