2 Weeks until Swirrl's Local Open Data event in Manchester

Ric Roberts

Apr 8, 2015, 4:52:55 AM4/8/15
to opendatam...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone. Ric from Swirrl here.

I mentioned it at the last meet-up at SpaceportX, but as there's only two weeks to go now, I thought I'd post the details here too....

We're hosting an event at MOSI in a couple of weeks for anyone working at local level, whether in the public sector, charity or a business, who wants to explore the practical advantages and benefits of opening up and linking their data. Learn from, and be inspired by, the experience and success stories of local open data innovators.

When? 21st April 2015, 10:30 - 4:30

Where? Manchester Museum of Science and Industry

Price? Small voluntary donation to Manchester Coderdojo.

Lunch and Drinks? You betcha!

If you've already got your ticket - see you there. If not, get your ticket now on Eventbrite: http://www.eventbrite.com/e/local-open-data-reaping-the-benefits-tickets-15513729984

Here's a reminder of why you should come:

* learn from local data owners with practical experience of publishing and applying open data

* be inspired by what others have achieved by making use of local open data

* discuss how opening up data creates a two way conversation with the public

* learn about making data accessible to different types of user

* discover how opening up data can create new services

* explore how open data can provide evidence for decision making

* find out about how linking up open data creates extra value

Who’s Speaking?

* Mark Braggins, co-founder of Hampshire Hub

* Ian Watt, Open Data for Scottish Government; e-Government manager for Aberdeen CC and board trustee at Code the City.

* Jamie Whyte, lead of the Intelligence and Information Lab at Trafford Council.

* Lucy Knight, Open Data lead for Devon CC, co-founder of ODI Devon.

* Lucille Brown leads the Smart Cities efforts for the Alliance Across Seven Scottish Cities.

* Tom Smith, Director of OCSI and chair of the Environment Agency Data Advisory Group.

* Bob Bailey, Chief Information Architect for Thomson Reuters and co-author of Creating Value with Identifiers in an Open Data world.

See you there hopefully!

Cheers,
Ric