Manchester PostgreSQL Meetup

Julian Tait

May 26, 2015, 12:51:31 PM5/26/15
to opendatam...@googlegroups.com
Hello
I am organizing the Manchester PostgreSQL meetup tomorrow at MadLab http://www.meetup.com/The-Manchester-PostgreSQL-Meetup/events/222319053/. Ash Moran mentioned that some of the members of your group might be interested in attending.
I should add the following info - "Analytics on European level datasets is critical to competitive industry. Minimising costs to society of government, medical, science and military endeavours requires pooling of data for analysis. Larger datasets require faster analytical processing and demand cost effective solutions.
The AXLE Project (Advanced Analytics on Extremely Large European Databases) explored novel approaches in both hardware and software that may offer a way around using brute force strategies to providing value from what has latterly become known as “Big Data”."
In resume I would say that the talk will be on mixing Business Intelligence with OLTP.
Do you think it will be of interest? If so can you please let your group know of our existence.
Kindest regards
Josette Garcia
2ndQuadrant.com