Hello from CycleHack MCR

Max Seabrooke

Apr 28, 2015, 4:36:46 AM4/28/15
to opendatam...@googlegroups.com
Hello everybody!

My name is Max Seabrooke, I'm currently part of a team organising a hack weekend in Manchester, called CycleHack MCR.

CycleHack is all about making the world more sustainable through reducing the barriers to cycling.

I bumped into Steven Flower at the North West RSA catchup and started talking about how it'd be great to see some Open Data enthusiasts collaborating with other Manchester folk to develop and implement some great ideas.

It doesn't matter whether you cycle or not, we want to see a great mix of people with a great mix of experiences and ambitions. The event also gives you the ability to learn about other disciplines and skill sets.

If I've already tickled your fancy, please head over to our website to find out more about the weekend http://cyclehackmcr.co.uk/

Feel free to reply to this post and/or follow us on Twitter @CycleHackMCR

We hope to see you their!

All the best,
Max and the CycleHack MCR team : )

Alan Gorton

Apr 28, 2015, 5:14:37 AM4/28/15
to opendatam...@googlegroups.com
Followed! Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone
--

---

Steven Flower

Apr 30, 2015, 12:55:24 PM4/30/15
to opendatam...@googlegroups.com
Hi Max

Thanks for sharing this with the list.  I know there are quite a few transport / cycling "data people" on the list - so hoping this will be of interest

Are you able to announce any specifics about the Manchester event - date(s), times, venues, etc?

Thanks

Steven

Jonathan TraffordSustransRanger

May 1, 2015, 10:25:34 AM5/1/15
to opendatamanchester
Hi Max,

Thanks for setting this up, good luck and I'll do what I can to support and promote. I'll be one of the cycling data people Steven refers to, I work in IT and Chair GMCC. We wanted to set something like this up ourselves but always struggled to commit the time to it, and I was away for last year's cycle hack day. I'll get in touch off-list...

This year's event is Friday, 19 June 2015 at 18:00 - Sunday, 21 June 2015 at 16:00

I've just seen some tweets about a meet-up before then, May 13th from 6pm, more details TBC.

Cheers, Jonathan.

Max Seabrooke

May 6, 2015, 3:55:31 PM5/6/15
to opendatam...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Thanks for confirming those dates Jonathan!

We have just set up an eventbrite page for the meetup next week.

It does say SpaceportX on their at the moment for the meetup but we are looking for somewhere informal to do it. We were thinking Sandbar, we are waiting for this to be confirmed.

It would be great to see everyone their and say hello in person. It's a great chance to explain to people interested, but unsure what will happen, the sort of things you can try out over the weekend.

@jonathan, we'd really appreciate it if you promoted as much as possible for us :)

All the best,
Max
Steven