OpenLexington Fork of ODC

Chase Southard

Apr 24, 2012, 8:20:17 AM4/24/12
to opendatacatalog-user
During CityCampLex this weekend, some civic hackers led by Todd Willey
(twitter & github: xtoddx) forked ODC to include a Fabric file (python
equiv. of Chef Solo, Puppet) for installing dependencies and to attach
a data warehouse to the catalog.

The plan is to get developers setup with a Virtualbox installation
with Ubuntu 12.04 to develop locally that will mimic the eventual
production environment when deployed to Lexington's Amazon EC2 + S3
instance.

We're meeting up again in 3 weeks for beer to toast local open data,
so hopefully it will be up, running, and hosting data before then.

Here's a link to our fork: https://github.com/openlexington/Open-Data-Catalog

Later,

Chase

Todd Willey

Apr 24, 2012, 9:01:22 AM4/24/12
to opendataca...@googlegroups.com
Also worth mentioning is the way we can let templates and static
assets live outside the main repository, which means no more forking
just to apply your city's style!

-todd[1]

Message has been deleted

Mark Headd

Oct 12, 2012, 11:06:19 AM10/12/12
to opendataca...@googlegroups.com
Agreed! These sound like awesome enhancement, and it would be very cool to get them into the master branch so that others could benefit from them.

On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 2:02 AM, Bill Baran <bill....@gmail.com> wrote:
Are you planning in merging these changes back into the branch or continuing to maintain your own version?

Bill Baran
OpenDataIdaho.Org

Todd Willey

Oct 12, 2012, 11:21:22 AM10/12/12
to opendataca...@googlegroups.com
I believe these have all landed into master. I made 3 pull requests,
the warehousing one took a while, but eventually landed.

Bill Baran

Oct 13, 2012, 3:40:25 PM10/13/12
to opendataca...@googlegroups.com
Great, thanks!