postgresql reqt?

Jim Craner

Apr 24, 2012, 6:03:37 AM4/24/12
to opendataca...@googlegroups.com
Hey there,

I noticed the README.md file says to install postgresql 8.4 but my
distro (Ubuntu Oneiric) is using 9.1. Anyone know of a reason why 9.1
wouldn't work? (I'm trying to set up an ideal "golden master" ODC
virtualbox so the fewer scary apt-get warnings, the better :-)

Thanks!
Jim

--
-----
Jim Craner, 2012 Fellow

Adam Hinz

Apr 24, 2012, 9:00:16 AM4/24/12
to opendataca...@googlegroups.com
I've also tested it on postgres 9.1 as well as a couple of mysql instances without any issues.

-Adam

On Apr 24, 2012, at 8:16 AM, Todd Willey wrote:

> I was using Postgres 9.1 for OpenLexington's work over the weekend w/o
> problems on Ubuntu Precise Beta 2.

Todd Willey

Apr 24, 2012, 8:16:38 AM4/24/12
to opendataca...@googlegroups.com
I was using Postgres 9.1 for OpenLexington's work over the weekend w/o
problems on Ubuntu Precise Beta 2.

Carissa Brittain

Apr 24, 2012, 9:22:35 AM4/24/12
to opendatacatalog-user
I think there are a few documented bits of craziness between Postgres
9,1 and Django 1.3, but I don't think ODC does anything that trips
those bits.

'Carissa

Adam Hinz

Apr 24, 2012, 9:27:00 AM4/24/12
to opendataca...@googlegroups.com
A big one was:

But that only affects PostGIS enabled databases.

I'm planning to upgrade to Django 1.4 soon, as well as use South for the db migrations, so that should squash any known issues.

-Adam
--
Adam Hinz
Software Engineer, Azavea