Open Data Catalog Integration into Data.gov

Mark Headd

Sep 3, 2013, 2:06:36 PM9/3/13
to opendataca...@googlegroups.com
Are any cities or other groups that are using ODC integrating their data sets into Data.gov?

The "Cities" community aggregates data sets listed from a number of cities, but as far as I can tell these cities use one of Socrata, Junar or CKAN for their data platforms.

I'm fairly certain there is a mechanism for integrating with Data.gov, and having data sets listed in an ODC site also listed there, just not 100 certain on the specifics.

Anyone looked into doing this yet?

Thanks!

Mark Headd

Sep 3, 2013, 2:22:27 PM9/3/13
to opendataca...@googlegroups.com
I seem to have located the relevant information for integrating with data.gov

Anyone doing this yet with an ODC site?

Robert Cheetham

Sep 9, 2013, 3:45:34 PM9/9/13
to opendataca...@googlegroups.com
Mark,

I think this sounds like a good idea for an enhancement for Open Data Catalog.  Do you think it warrants opening an issue in GitHub?

Robert

------------------
Robert Cheetham

Azavea  |  340 N 12th St, Ste 402, Philadelphia, PA
chee...@azavea.com  | T 215.701.7713  | F 215.925.2663
Web azavea.com  |  Blog azavea.com/blogs  |  Twitter @rcheetham  and @azavea

Azavea is a B Corporation - we apply geospatial technology to create better communities
while advancing the state-of-the-art through research. Join us in creating a better world.

Mark Headd

Sep 9, 2013, 4:26:32 PM9/9/13
to opendataca...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, I can do that. Was also interested to see of any other ODC users had already done something along these lines.

Kevin Curry

Sep 6, 2013, 10:01:56 AM9/6/13
to opendataca...@googlegroups.com, brigad...@codeforamerica.org
Here is where we're tracking ODCs deployed by brigades:

In case you want to ask directly and/or propose that others give it a go.

Kevin Curry
Program Director
CfA Brigade
GMT-4 (EDT)