Problems with Server Discovery

Soheil Eizadi

Feb 24, 2015, 2:43:42 PM2/24/15
to openc...@googlegroups.com
I am bringing up the Dell Blade Server and I see it loading the sledgehammer image, but the node does not get discovered. I am looking the ./production log trying to figureout what is going on. In looking at error cases, I do see following line:

14_MegaCLI.zip not present
^[[0;37m2015-02-24 11:17:54.115^[[0m [11353] [^[[31mERROR^[[0m] RuntimeError: Chef jig run for system: d00-8c-fa-03-a5-9c.crowbar.atg.inca.infoblox.com: raid-tools-install failed

I thought the load the raid tools was optional, is it required for hardware setups?

-Soheil

Greg Althaus

Feb 24, 2015, 2:46:46 PM2/24/15
to openc...@googlegroups.com
They are only optional if you don't use the hardware part of crowbar.
If you added the hardware rpm or the hardware repo, then you have to
put the raid tools in place.

Thanks,
Greg

Rob Hirschfeld

Feb 24, 2015, 3:02:41 PM2/24/15
to openc...@googlegroups.com
Yes.  If you've got the hardware workload included then you need to have the pre-reqs even if the system does not use them.

On Tue, Feb 24, 2015 at 1:43 PM, Soheil Eizadi <s.ei...@gmail.com> wrote:

Rob
____________________________
Rob Hirschfeld, 512-773-7522
RackN CEO/Founder (r...@rackn.com)

I am in CENTRAL (-6) time
http://robhirschfeld.com
twitter: @zehicle, github: cloudedge & ravolt

Soheil Eizadi

Feb 24, 2015, 3:17:42 PM2/24/15
to openc...@googlegroups.com
Can I load the files in /tftpboot/files/raid and just restart crowbar or do I have to do a fresh install?
-Soheil

Greg Althaus

Feb 24, 2015, 3:25:59 PM2/24/15
to openc...@googlegroups.com
Put the files in place and rerun the node role, I think. Make sure
they have permissions that match other things in there. :-)

Greg Althaus

Feb 24, 2015, 3:27:21 PM2/24/15
to openc...@googlegroups.com
For example,
$ ls -al ~/.cache/opencrowbar/tftpboot/files/raid/*
-rw-r--r-- 1 crowbar crowbar 7939395 Sep 2 22:58
/ssd/crowbar-home/crowbar/.cache/opencrowbar/tftpboot/files/raid/8.07.14_MegaCLI.zip
-rw-rw-r-- 1 crowbar crowbar 2664125 Sep 2 22:58
/ssd/crowbar-home/crowbar/.cache/opencrowbar/tftpboot/files/raid/SAS2IRCU_P19.zip

Soheil Eizadi

Feb 24, 2015, 3:39:29 PM2/24/15
to openc...@googlegroups.com
OK thanks, -Soheil