Community Meeting 1-28-15 Minutes

Rob Hirschfeld

Jan 28, 2015, 1:09:58 PM1/28/15
to openc...@googlegroups.com
Great call today!  Thanks everyone.

# Agenda:
* Waffle Review
* Community Activity
* Camshaft.0 timing [ did not cover ]
* Doc work  [ did not cover ]
* BDD bugs
 -  in dev:pop
  - reproduction of destroy node

# Minutes

Discussion > when should we start with story points?  Scott to lead discussion on the liat

# Bash Standards
  • Use Bash 4
  • Don't use eval without a DAMN GOOD reason (must explain in the inline comments)
  • http://mywiki.wooledge.org/BashGuide/Practices
  • scripts should not clobber the work you've done
  • scripts should cleanup after themselves
  • avoid unexpected side effects
  • n00b guard rails are appreciated
# OpenStack Networking Discussion

@dudymas looking into Salt for Neutron/NovaNet
@ravolt suggested that there may be motion on OpenContrails - updates next week

# BDD Issues

No hardware events in testing, so there are roles missing for hardware.

In practice, it looks like the network roles are not getting cleaned up.
BDD needs to add the missing IMPI roles using an "on active" hook for the role.
node.erl has add function that's called

BDD may need to create a two interdependent node test to make sure they have a way to delete

# Rails Console

There is an 'ocb_console' command that will open a rails console for debugging

Judd Maltin

Jan 29, 2015, 1:43:50 PM1/29/15
to openc...@googlegroups.com
Bash Automated Testing System - unit tests for Bash, anyone?

Judd Maltin
T: 917-882-1270
Of Life immense in passion, pulse, and power,
Cheerful—for freest action form’d, under the laws divine,
The Modern Man I sing. -Walt Whitman

Thomas Boerger

Jan 29, 2015, 2:52:24 PM1/29/15
to openc...@googlegroups.com
I already suggested exactly the same tool for crowbar 1 :)

Von meinem iPhone gesendet