Looking to contribute for the Lojban Interface to OpenCog

Ben Goertzel

Mar 12, 2015, 2:44:36 AM3/12/15
to opencog, atindr...@gmail.com
Hi Atindra --

Cool, I'd be psyched to mentor someone work on Lojban... Though I
seem to have forgotten most of the Lojban I knew 7-8 years ago ;( ...
it would be fun to get it back!!

The easiest approach would be to make a Lojban parser output OpenCog
Atoms in Scheme format, see

http://wiki.opencog.org/w/Scheme

for examples...

It seems perhaps the easiest approach would be to start from this LISP
Lojban parser

http://subvert-the-dominant-paradigm.net/~jbominji/jbominji.html

since LISP and Scheme are basically the same. Other useful Lojban
parsing resources are at

http://users.digitalkingdom.org/~rlpowell/hobbies/lojban/grammar/

thx
Ben

-- Ben

--
Ben Goertzel, PhD
http://goertzel.org

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one
progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw