Council Voting on Code for America Fellowship Funding this Tuesday!

Tim Moreland

Sep 1, 2013, 2:07:51 PM9/1/13
to opencha...@googlegroups.com
Hello Open Chattanooga,

The wheels of government have been turning (slowly) and the City Council will be voting on whether or not to approve funding for the Code for America Fellowship this Tuesday. This is really exciting news as this is the last hurdle to jump before we are locked in as next year's fellowship city. None of this would have been possible without everyone's hard work so we all deserve a pat on a back. Now we need to rally the troops once again and show support for the funding request there during the meeting. Please reply back on this thread to let me know if you will be able to attend or if you have any ideas on how to get people out showing their support for the funding request. Exciting times!

Tim

Tim Moreland

Sep 3, 2013, 11:29:32 AM9/3/13
to opencha...@googlegroups.com
Hello Everyone,

The council will be hearing the city's request for funding for the Code for America Fellowship today. I'll be speaking in support from Open Chattanooga around 3pm and hope to see some of you there. Between now and 3pm we need you to call your council person and express your support for the fellowship application. We especially need people calling in for Council Person Michell, Freeman, Berz and Hakeem. You can find out who is your council person at http://74.116.50.125/councilmap/index.html and call in at (423) 757-5198. I've included some talking points for you to use when you call but feel free to express in your own words why you are excited about Code for America coming to Chattanooga.

Possible Talking points:
Becoming a CfA Fellowship city puts Chattanooga at the forefront of civic innovation and government openness.
Becoming a CfA Fellowship city will put Chattanooga's efforts on the national scene and help to attract talented/creative individuals to our city.
Becoming a CfA Fellowship city will help us solve real world problems using the latest open web based technologies.
Becoming a CfA Fellowship city will give us access to top technologist in the realm of civic innovation and government openness.
Becoming a CfA Fellowship city will help to engage and empower Chattanooga citizens by showing what is possible when using open technologies and collaborative approaches to problem solving.

Tim