TODAY: 3 Min. of Your Time Needed for Natl. Day of Civic Hacking Social Media Blitz

Jenny Park

May 16, 2013, 12:34:06 PM5/16/13
to opencha...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,
Once again, we are doing a social media blitz today.  The hackathon is 2 weeks away, and we need help getting the word out about the National Day of Civic Hacking June 1-2.

The NDoCH has a new blog post great for sharing why civic hacking is good for cities:

Feel free to retweet @openchattanooga or send out your own links (ideas below) to bring more attention to the hackathon.

Remember, we need developers, designers, government employees, students, and everyday citizens interested in solving community issues.  So please TODAY take a couple minutes to post about NDoCH on your facebook, twitter, blog, etc., and even reach out to individuals you feel need to be part of the hack-a-thon.  The more of us posting, the greater our reach.

Feel free to contact Tim or me if you have questions.  THANKS.

--
Jenny Park

Jenny Park

May 16, 2013, 12:44:56 PM5/16/13
to opencha...@googlegroups.com
Sorry for the additional email, but here are also some ready-made tweets and/or status updates about both NDoCH and civic hacking in general:

Join the LARGEST ever natl. convening of civic hackers in the US 6/1-6/2! Join Chattanooga for #hfccha http://bit.ly/ZKK821 #hackforchange

Civic hacking inspires innovation through civic good on June 1st & the rest of the year too! Find it near you: hackforchange.org #hackforchange #hfccha

National Day of Civic Hacking proves there is not a monopoly on technology and innovation: hackforchange.org #hackforchange  #hfccha

What is a civic hacker? Learn how the definition of a hacker has changed from WWII to now: http://hackforchange.org/blog/what-civic-hacker #hackforchange #hfccha

Why is your community better place because of civic hackers? Check it: http://hackforchange.org/blog/10-ways-civic-hacking-good-cities #hackforchange @codeforamerica #hfccha

National Day of Civic Hacking partner @lsctweets explains how hacking makes the world more just: http://tig.lsc.gov/hacking-justice #hackforchange

--